Be part of an exciting business where employees are recognised and career growth is nurtured.
Bluebird is home to some of the New Zealand’s favourite and most trusted brands such as Bluebird Ready Salted Potato Chips, Doritos, Copper Kettle, Grain Waves, Twisties and Burger Rings! We are a progressive and people-focused business, and believe our diverse workforce is the key to our success. Because we value our employees and their families, we offer an agile and flexible working environment with an emphasis on work life balance and health, as well as plenty of learning opportunities and room to grow your career.
To continue our success, we currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Projects Team as a Capital Projects Engineer. This role would see the right person fully manage all activities involved in the evaluation, planning, approval, financial control and implementation of multiple engineering projects at the site.
- Assist in the development of the sites capital spend strategy, in line with business growth and operational needs.
- Ensure that all appropriate Environmental, Health & Safety, Quality & Food Safety and GCS requirements are abided by.
- Provide engineering support nationally at times, as directed by the Engineering & SC Transformation Director
- Lead the implementation of capital projects ensuring compliance with all relevant processes such as the Project Management Process & MESS remediation.
- Responsible for managing the financial spend of the projects
- Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Strong project management skills, preferably gained in an FMCG industry
- Form strong working relationships with colleagues and suppliers; utilise available resources effectively to achieve the best possible outcome
- Managing external parties such as local councils and waste treatment providers for compliance to by-laws and consent authorisations.
- Contract negotiation relating to new equipment purchases.
- Excellent work-life balance
- A competitive remuneration package
- Career development opportunities
- Discounted retail and service benefits through our PepsiCo extras program
Your positive attitude will be rewarded with excellent long term local and global career opportunities, and ongoing professional development along with a fun and rewarding working environment.
You will be a key part of a dynamic team and a valuable contributor to a global company that is one of the FMCG market leaders. At Bluebird, we recognise our people as a key part of our business and career progression within the business is encouraged and supported. We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining high quality people.
Interested? Know someone who might be? This is a great opportunity to join the Bluebird team.
Bluebird’s job application process:
- Submit your application via our website, including a cover letter & resume
- Interview and skills evaluation
- Online Assessment process
- Reference and background checks
Job Type: Regular