POSITION: Summer Route Sales Representative (4-month term - May to August 2020)
LOCATION: Parry Sound
Are you hungry for an exciting and challenging opportunity in a fast-paced, diverse organization? If so, you have a future at PepsiCo. As a world class organization, we strive for excellence in everything that we do, from a new product launch to delivering a product to a store.
To accomplish our goals, we need talented, innovative people who know how to work hard and have fun! We need people who want to make a difference. Taste the success with Canada’s fastest growing consumer packaged goods company and discover how our passion for growth creates big challenges - and big opportunities - personally, professionally, and financially.
You will develop and sustain a growing snack foods business and leverage your skills by selling, delivering and marketing our products to your assigned group of retail customers. Your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying changing customer needs through a constant review of the highest selling products and frequent communication with store managers.
- Developing all assigned accounts relative to sales volume, market share, product distribution, space allocation and customer service objectives.
- Selling and executing national and local promotions, soliciting placement of incremental marketing equipment, displays, racks and selling sufficient product inventory for customer volume demands.
- Managing inventory according to PepsiCo Foods Canada best practices to ensure balanced accounts and fresh products for customers and consumers.
- Executing hands on activities with excellence, including but not limited to managing product placement on shelves, increasing shelf facings and racks, handling carton returns, managing inventory movement and cleaning shelving and racks.
- Operating a route sales truck including loading and unloading of product OR operating a personal vehicle along an established route.
- Preference for a current post-secondary student with first year completed
- Valid full G driver’s license and a flawless driving record
- Your own vehicle, or reliable and consistent access to a vehicle
- Great with people and excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills, demonstrated by your ability to handle multiple priorities, problem solve, and meet deadlines or targets
- Motivated and enthusiastic - spirited individual who can keep their energy up all day long
- Sales experience with a consumer packaged goods or retail organization preferred
- Physically active/strong - able to lift approx. 50 pounds and be on your feet all day
- Able to work early mornings and weekends
- Locations are available across Ontario. Please indicate your preferred work location on your cover letter.
- Only 1 file can be attached when applying. Please merge your cover letter and resume files together to ensure we receive both.
Job Type: Temporary