PepsiCo is a fast paced, innovative, team driven company with many billion dollar brands that are household names. The Regulatory Affairs team is an integral part of the PepsiCo’s R&D structure while maintaining a strong partnership with our business teams. The overall Regulatory Affairs and other compliance team are global organizations, interacting across the world to ensure compliance and freedom to operate.
This role is for a USA Regulatory Affairs expert to partner with business and other parts of R&D to help drive our US business objectives. Candidate should be expert in US food regulations and have understanding of food industry. They will ensure ongoing regulatory compliance, support PepsiCo’s interests in the external regulatory environment, and provide regulatory partnership in the development and launch of new products and platforms.
Key Regulatory Affairs business partner for USA
Provide effective business partnership and support as Regulatory SME and coordinator.
Support the Regulatory agenda within market.
Represent Regulatory function as required in Project Team Meetings, Innovation Councils, and Global Regulatory initiatives etc.
Compliance: Drive compliance with all legislation
Ensure ongoing compliance with all USA regulations and standards.
Monitor regulatory changes, ensure awareness and implementation in USA and Export Markets.
Provide regulatory support during incidents including liaison with regulatory authorities if needed.
Innovation and Productivity: Regulatory support, insight and partnership for new products & packaging, and productivity and commercial initiatives. In particular
Provide Regulatory input to Technical Stage Gate/SG as required on all elements of product design, composition and packaging, labeling, advertising and other commercial messaging when needed. e.g. Facebook
Ensure substantiation is in place for products and their claims.
Ensure necessary approvals are in place, where needed.
External Affairs: Anticipate and influence changes in regulations
Horizon scanning of regulatory developments.
Track and manage external regulatory issues.
- Bachelors in a Scientific discipline - Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Food Science
- Minimum 6+ years experience in Regulatory Affairs roles, including a track record in interpreting and applying requirements in a commercial setting.
- Knowledge of the politics, policies and actors that influence food regulations.
- Experience in providing regulatory advice on food and beverage innovation projects.
- Experience in managing compliance projects.
- Understanding of approval processes beverages and their packaging.
- Solutions-focused team player who takes the initiative to consider all options and differing perspectives in coming to a conclusion.
- Attention to detail and forethought of impact.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Effective collaborator.
- Ability to provide insight to the business from both a strategic and tactical perspective.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. (written and verbal)
- Ability to integrate into and communicate with different levels of the organization.
- Works well with others, both internally and externally, to advance common goals.
- Able to translate complex issues into simple and convincing communication.
Our R&D organization recognizes that both the talent of our people and the scope of our impact are great, and that sharing a set of beliefs elevates our ability to reach our goals and business objectives. We encourage each other to pursue innovative solutions without fear of failure by nurturing a culture where talent development and continuous learning are key priorities. We look for and assume the best in each other. We are a global team that works collaboratively across business silos and regions to deliver meaningful outcomes, faster.Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement