Future proof Quaker North America portfolio by partnering with the business team. Serve as a vocal, active strategic partner and decision change-agent. Influence direction and promote decision sciences based on factual and objective information. Anticipate the market by identifying market trends and long-range impacts. Leverage the wealth of available and highly useful data to drive understanding of market needs, consumer targets, and role our equities play in their lives. Improve objective decision making.
The Director, Portfolio Insights – QNA will serve as the QNA Insights team leader, and a critical member of the Quaker Marketing Leadership Team. They will be responsible for leading the function and looking across categories to identify strategic growth opportunities and promote objective decision making for the business.
This individual will focus on driving growth for all Quaker North America equities (Quaker Masterbrand, Hots, RTE, Sides, Bars and Snacks categories) by pushing for stronger, objective based decision making and delivering rigorous, predictive foundational insights that inform & influence business decisions. The role will be responsible for assessing: brand equity development and target insights; marketing campaign alignment with brand positioning; marketing mix effectiveness in building key equities and driving consumption; most productive and strategic focus areas within demand spaces to drive the innovation agenda; as well as a number of strategic initiatives to support insight generation to support business growth.
The successful candidate will be a strategic leader and “decision change agent,” adept at delivering clear, actionable & predictive insights and advocating successfully for their implementation.
- Responsible for delivering an ongoing program of rigorous & predictive foundational insights that materially impact critical business decisions regarding the growth of the QNA portfolio
- Partner closely with marketing and finance to ensure the integration of learnings into ongoing strategic & financial planning
- Delivery of strategic insights to inform and shape our brand purpose agenda and brand equity foundations for North American businesses (Quaker master brand, Quaker Hots, RTEC, Sides, Bars and Snacks). Ensure long-term legitimacy and campaign effectiveness.
- Foundational insights and frameworks to define and size innovation strategies and focus platforms for QNA ‘drive’ categories. Inclusive of innovation types (renovation, flanker, new platform and breakthrough) and business development opportunities to help drive growth and attain equity position over the long term.
- Define, deliver and drive org adoption of marketplace trends, with implications for key QNA occasions, and recommended strategies for key equities.
- Leverage analytics and identify business priorities and initiatives that will accelerate profitable growth and market share gains in QNA categories
- Team leadership and coaching of direct reports, including custom insights leads aligned to each category and relationship management across a network of external suppliers (including IRI)
- Build strong, two-way relationships with insight leads within the region (DX analytics team, Media Hub analytics team, Quaker Canada, FLNA, PBNA) and within the global center, ensuring a truly collaborative approach to foundational insights, analytics & tracking
- Drive efficiencies across the Insights function by aligning priorities, identification and use of best practices, and positive communication across Insights team
- Maintain a strong consumer packaged goods knowledge-base and industry network, especially within QNA primary occasions, and thus delivering a broad view of the sector to ensure PEP has a clear competitive advantage in insights
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement