Associate Marketing Manager (L9) Sports Marketing (Football / Baseball)
The Pepsi Sports Marketing team is looking for a passionate, dynamic marketer who thrives in a fast-paced, results-driven environment to drive Pepsi’s football and baseball sports marketing platforms. This role is responsible assisting the Director, Sports Marketing in developing and executing our approach to leveraging our team, athlete and media partnerships in each sport for maximum impact on Pepsi’s brand and business objectives. This role on the Sports Marketing team will work closely with the Pepsi brand team and wire across various cross functional groups including our Hispanic Business Unit, PR, Media, Divisional Marketing, Sales and external agencies and partners.
Key accountabilities for this Associate Marketing Manager Include:
- Build relationships across the Football and baseball landscapes (teams, leagues, media partners, etc.) and leverage on behalf of Pepsi’s objectives
- Manage all partnerships and assets for maximum brand/business impact against objectives
- Champion sports ideas and initiatives with brand and cross functional partners
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (i.e. Brand, Media, Digital, Packaging, Legal, Trademark, Consumer Relations, Hispanic Business Unit) to develop, plan, facilitate and advise on Pepsi’s football/baseball programming and creative deliverables including national TV/radio, point of sale, customer and digital
- Continual immersion in and monitoring of the football and baseball landscapes to identify new opportunities to engage fans and partners
- Lead planning, developing and executing of Pepsi’s core football and baseball agendas including retail toolkit development, creative development, marquee event activation and venue integration
- Manage our core agency and property partners to deliver results
- Facilitate partner and agency status meetings
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years prior experience (if Undergrad degree only) OR 1 year of prior experience (if Advanced degree) in marketing, innovation, strategy, or consumer/customer promotions preferred. Bachelor’s degree required. Experience in sports marketing preferred
- Hispanic Fan Experience: specific expertise or previous experience working with sports marketing platforms focused on serving Hispanic fan bases in North America or globally
- Creative Thinker: Seeks out, generates, and embraces creative ideas, concepts, and approaches that deliver better results. Considers issues from multiple and differing perspectives, and creates novel recommendations informed by data, events, and trends to advance the business strategy.
- Brand/Cultural Passion: Drives diverse thought leadership and is excited to explore approaches that can impact and shape culture as we build iconic brands.
- Fan/Consumer Empathy: Deep understanding of and interest in fan/consumer behavior. Ability to identify trends and insights that lead to impactful communications. Sees unique connections in data, events, and trends to anticipate business opportunities and brings them forward.
- Strong Communicator: Effectively communicates needs, priorities across cohort in and outside the organization.
- Category Interest: Desire to become functional expert in beverage brand category/landscape
- Collaborative Spirit: Ability to partner with diverse groups, creatively problem solve and drive outstanding results (Ex. Insights, S&I, Commercial, Media, PR, Legal, other XF leadership and diverse agency partners.)
- Drive for Results: Displaying a sense of urgency, bias for action, and strong attention to detail.
- Adept Prioritization: Focuses the team on what needs to get done and aligns the team to achieve the shared vision.
- Company Purpose: Translates the company’s broader vision to the brands and projects he/she is driving.
- Balanced Approach: Considers the appropriate factors involved when taking calculated risks. Effectively uses governance and appropriate follow-up process to manage challenges and risk.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement