The Facilities Maintenance Supervisor role contributes to the success of the Phoenix Pepsi Beverages plant by providing maintenance leadership for facilities & utilities operations. Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety for critical systems that support the entire plant operation. This person will lead a team of frontline employees within the maintenance department (mechanics/technicians).
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
- Manage internal maintenance labor and contractor services to deliver preventative maintenance and repair of all building systems
- Implement process improvements to reduce gas/water/electric consumption
- Utilize visual factory concepts to maximize asset utilization and plant performance
- Build maintenance technician capability
- Ensure proper utilization of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to prioritize work requests and manage parts and labor spend.
- Lead the development and continuous improvement of Preventative & Predictive Maintenance tasks for facilities & utilities systems
- Develop a team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Deliver effective change leadership while driving business changes and minimizing people impact
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly personnel
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Administer policies and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance at the work site
- This role requires regular presence on the plant floor
- This role requires lifting up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- This role requires occasional work in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold or rain
- This role may operate forklift and manufacturing equipment occasionally
- This role may require off-shift and weekend work
- This role may require some travel (less than 5%)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field
- Strong working knowledge of some plant systems including: boilers, air compressors, reverse osmosis, cooling towers, HVAC/R, water treatment chemistry, power distribution equipment, and life safety systems.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude, demonstrated by previous industrial maintenance experience.
- Project management experience, including mechanical/electrical contractor supervision, required.
- A minimum of 5 years of operations maintenance experience preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring others
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement