Demand Xcelerator is a team that represents a transformation of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership, and Space Engineering resources to support Sales and Marketing plans for enterprise, national, and regional customers across the PepsiCo portfolio. This approach allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused programs to drive growth with our customers. The Demand Xcelerator will help PepsiCo provide our customers cutting edge data and insights, as well as, personalized solutions to drive incremental growth for both our customers and PepsiCo.
The primary responsibility of the role is to deliver the Category Management and Insights agenda for PepsiCo’s Beverage business at 7-Eleven. Key responsibilities include driving accelerated Category/PepsiCo growth, market share gains and innovation activation through internal and external alignment and influence. Lead, enhance, and grow the PepsiCo Beverage POG Captaincy by being the unbiased, thought leader and go-to resource for all category and consumer trends as well as merchandising solutions. This position requires both data and business savvy, as well as effective communication and problem solving skills in order to provide consultative category management. This role will also have direct responsibility for the development of a Category Manager.
Key Functional Imperatives:
- Executional Excellence – Lead and deliver 7-Eleven’s bi-annual Beverage POG Captaincy Process inclusive of developing the LRB Category Strategy, Category Space allocation, assortment and partnering with PepsiCo’s Space Transformation and Optimization team to develop the POGs
- Strategic Thought Partner – Partner with Brand, Shopper Marketing and Sales Teams to successfully deliver the 7-Eleven JBP process. Drive Insights to Action by conducting state of the business, Category DeComps, Macro-trends, Competitive Landscape, Pricing and Shopper Trend analyses
- People Lead – Coach and develop direct report (Category Manager), elevating their capabilities within current role as well as creating stretch for future Category Management opportunities
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA degree preferred
- 5-7 Years of category management experience, CPG industry experience preferred
- High planning/project management skills: capable of managing major projects simultaneously
- Leadership skills: ability to influence activities of customer and individual team members towards goals & ability to lead and contribute in a cross-functional team environment
- Customer development skills- customer facing experience collaborating with retailer category managers and merchandising team preferred
- Strong teamwork skills: teamwork is essential in this role, as this person will work very closely with other Category Managers, customer and internal cross functional teams
- Well-developed analytical skills: ability to link strategies and objectives to develop a plan
- Strong communication: must be comfortable creating, messaging and presenting ideas and concepts to groups of varying seniority and levels within an organization
- Influence and negotiation skills: demonstrated ability to create win-win relationships and outcomes
- High proficiency with syndicated and account data sources (e.g. IRI, AC Nielsen, Household Panel, Retail Link) to derive insights and action. 7-Exchange experience a plus
- Self-motivated and ability to effectively work independently as well as collaboratively across multiple functions
- Willingness and ability to travel 10% of the time
- Company Car Eligible
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement