The PFC Trade Spend Analyst will be a key member of the Trade Spend Accounting team. The role will be accountable for ensuring that the all the period end journal entries, system processes and analysis of results have been completed in timely and accurate fashion. This role is a valued business partner of the NAM/KAMs, AFDs and CDFM teams. The incumbent will drive for continuous process improvement and perform financial analysis as needed to support decisions and drive value to the business.
- Lead period end activities for Frito or Quaker to ensure accurate reporting of PFC Trade Spend Liability
- Work with Customer Accounting Manager to analyze period end results compared to plan and forecast
- Prepare period end results report out on trade related reserves, damages expense and post audit expense
- Participate in period end results review meetings with the Customer Accounting Manager
- Accurately reconcile all trade related balance sheet accounts identifying and resolving reconciling items in a timely manner
- Prepare Net Liability by Customer reporting to identify gaps in Trade Spend Liability that require analysis and action
- Lead discussion with CDFM team in resolving gaps in Net Liability by customer
- Prepare period end reporting to CDFM and NAM/KAM teams by running, analyzing and reconciling the Frito Merch Spreadsheet to the G/L
- In conjunction with the Customer Accounting Manager, work with planning to develop plan and forecast for Trade Related expenses in the P&L
- Perform analysis on pricing discrepancies to ensure they are captured in Trade Spend reporting to mitigate P&L risk and provide insights on root cause of pricing issues so they can be resolved.
- Work with customers and NAM/KAM to obtain information required to analyze pricing discrepancies.
- Prepare presentations and lead balance sheet review discussions on all trade related balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare and deliver period RevPA reports to AFD team. Lead meetings to walk the AFDs through the PA transactions
- Ensure compliance with SOX requirements
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis as needed
Qualifications / Requirements
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize and execute tasks in a timely manner and with accuracy
- Commitment to continuous process improvement
- Demonstrated leadership and influence skills, inspire trust and work well with others
- Must be a team player and be able to build strong working relationships with other functional business partners to influence and get work done through others
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Working towards an Accounting designation and 2-3 years relevant work experience an asset
- Experience using Financial system software such as MFG Pro & Oracle would be an asset
- Medium to advanced level of Excel
Job Type: Regular