We are currently looking for R&D Process Development Engineer, to join our R&D team in Little Island on a permanent basis.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands.
We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate
At PepsiCo, innovation takes centre stage. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
POSITION PURPOSE AND PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES
Provide Process Engineering knowledge and support to commercialize new products and processes for Western Europe Nutrition. Accountabilities will be largely focussed on the Fruit and Veg business (Tropicana, Naked Juice and Alvalle). Opportunities to support Global initiatives will also be in scope for this role.
- Lead identification, design, development, testing and qualification of process systems in support of new product launches.
- Support and Lead process technical assessments and scale-up tests at manufacturing locations, data collection/analysis and timely communication of trip reports highlighting results and key next steps.
- Effectively manage projects through the technical stage gate process, highlighting risks, impact and mitigation plans accordingly to deliver new innovation on time, within budget and in compliance with all design specification.
- Work with and support Food Safety and Quality to ensure all components and process systems are capable of producing and sustaining safe and stable products.
- Identify and lead collaboration efforts to improve efficiency, reduce risk and minimize costs in our processes and systems.
- Proactively identify skill/capability and system gaps when encountered. Propose corrective actions including coaching, training courses and new/modified processes.
- Design and execute DOE to screen, model, verify and ensure statistical capability and robustness of pilot and commercial processes.
ESSENTIAL Criteria i.e. qualifications and/or experience (this will be assessed during short-listing)
- Graduate in a Chemical Engineering, Food Processing or Mechanical Engineering (with strong food bias).
- Previous experience in FMCG R&D, Process Engineering or Technology Development roles, ideally within the beverage product category.
- Deep understanding of cause and effect Food Science : Food Engineering interactions.
- Analytical skills to interpret complex data and distil into meaningful information e.g. interpreting process data, experimental design and statistical inference.
- Deep understanding of scale-up science, both theoretical and practical, and related hypothesis testing and experimental design, to drive sound experimental proposals.
- High degree of initiative and drive to deliver results of trials and activities with the ability to be pro-active and multi-task.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office).
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com
#LI-IRELANDRelocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular