Founded in 1985, the Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI) is committed to helping athletes optimize their health and performance through research and education in hydration and nutrition science. As a part of GSSI, you will be responsible for representing GSSI and the PepsiCo Global R&D teams with high standards and in accordance with ethical guidelines for human research and conduct.
In the role of Scientist, your primary focus will be on both the GSSI Athlete Testing and Education programs, with some time dedicated to Innovation.
Athlete Testing (40-45% of time)
- Executing elite athlete testing related to hydration, nutrition and physiology, in both field and laboratory settings, predominantly at locations within the US
- Educating athletes and their influencers on testing outcomes
- Lead logistics of our Sweat Test Kit program
- Supporting the logistics of the athlete testing program, specifically in maintaining and shipping supplies
Education (40-45% of time)
- Supporting the GSSI Education program through collateral content development, content reviews, presentations, written articles, etc.
- Contribute to execution of our Internal Education program for PepsiCo employees
Innovation (15-20% of time)
- Support the GSSI Innovation Program, especially that related to the ‘Fitness’ Athlete
- Master of Science degree in Exercise Science/Kinesiology/Exercise Physiology/Sports Nutrition or related discipline and demonstrated experience working with elite athletes. Minimum of 1-3 years of additional experience in working with fitness athletes, such as personal training, preferred. Experience in promoting behavior change a plus
- Pro-active work mentality, be organized, and be flexible to work in a high performance and ever-changing environment (travel and occasional work during non-traditional hours, including weekends, approximately 25-30%)
- Able and willing to acquire and advance individual lab skills as it relates to collection of human physiological data
- Excellent communication skills with a variety of audiences (athletes, practitioners, scientists, colleagues)
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement