PepsiCo’s strength is its people. Winning together is all about respect for one another’s rare traits, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. Our teams reflect the diversity of our customers and our communities, breaking down barriers and winning awards.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. As a global food and beverage company with brands that stand for quality and are respected household names such as Quaker Oats, Tropicana, Gatorade, Lay’s and Pepsi-Cola, we are committed to Performance with Purpose; pushing to be best and fully committed to the people we share the planet with.
As the Environmental Health and Safety Manager for the Commercial Operations you will be ensuring that risk mitigation controls are effectively and adequately implemented for all work-related associated hazards and EHS targets are achieved through sustained implementation of the EHS Management System (MS) in accordance to the legislations, PepsiCo GEHSMS Standards and the related procedures across all non-manufacturing sites and activities within Saudi Arabia.
- Put the EHS Policy into implementation and assume all responsibilities assigned in the EHS MS.
- Conduct regular risk assessments for all activities/areas, maintain risk register always updated, and ensure implementation of identified controls.
- Identify EHS training needs for all (employees, Dependent contractors, independent contractors, and 3rd parties), prepare and execute training programs accordingly.
- Identify EHS OPEX and CAPEX needs for the short and long-term plans (AOP’s, SBP’s…etc.) and plan and support the execution with concerned departments.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable legislations and other requirements.
- Collect, ensure accuracy and report all EHS data and critical metrics in a timely manner.
- Monitor the overall EHS performance in the Region and identify and execute necessary actions to improve it and ensure achieving all EHS targets.
- Ensure all accidents and reported hazards are investigated and accurate C/PA are identified, monitor and support the implementation.
- Roll out and implement all EHS related systems, communicate all EHS information as per the system to improve the EHS awareness, and encourage participation and communicate all related concerns to management team and National EHS manager.
- Manage and coordinate various internal & external EHS audits (GEHSMS, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, FMG…etc.) and own the execution of the developed corrective action plans.
- Set, communicate and test the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan (EPRP) and the people’s understanding and ability to implement through conducting mock drills.
- Sponsor and support all EHS initiatives and ensure Reward and Recognition for all employees who have contributed to the improvement of the EHS in the workplace.
- Ensure proper fleet preventive and corrective maintenance to ensure the safety of drivers and vehicles in coordination with concerned departments.
- Ensure all fire systems (Alarm, firefighting, suppression…etc.) are fully operational and being inspected as per FM Global and local civil defense requirements.
- Ensure proper distribution and usage of PPE’s by everyone.
- Provide support to the management team in driving the EHS agenda by providing expertise.
- Advice on projects at all stages (design to completion) to ensure all EHS requirements are met.
- Evaluate and decide on the suitability of any newly identified Distribution Centres.
- Support EHS supervisors’ performance through personal coaching and identifying training and development needs.
- Proactively manage and motivate EHS supervisors to be highly professional and result oriented to ensure optimum result's delivery.
- Strong people management skills in crafting a participative environment and a high-performance team with an experience of +5 years in a managerial position preferably in the same field.
- Problem-solving and strong analytical thinking (root-cause analysis, setting action plans…etc.).
- The ability to systemize processes through developing the systems, putting them into implementation, and ensuring their sustainability.
- Self-starter able to work independently with a high degree of business savvy.
- Technical Audit Skills and experience, and knowledge of EHS applicable legislations.
- Excellent communication and presenting skills and the ability to engage with and influence the behaviors of others internally and externally without a direct reporting relationship.
- Excellent command of English language and literacy in computer usage.
- Ability to coach and support others to ensure requirements understood/met.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Accredited EHS Certificates/Diploma OSHA, NEBOSH, etc.
Are you ready? At PepsiCo, every single day is an adventure and an opportunity for personal and professional growth. Apply today and discover the possibilities at PepsiCo.
Job Type: Regular