PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $66 billion in net revenue in 2014, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales. At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our goal to deliver top-tier financial performance while creating sustainable growth and shareholder value. In practice, Performance with Purpose means providing a wide range of foods and beverages from treats to healthy eats; finding innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment and reduce our operating costs; providing a safe and inclusive workplace for our employees globally; and respecting, supporting and investing in the local communities where we operate.
Why PepsiCo Design?
At PepsiCo design, we have a saying: “We’re crazy enough to think we can inspire the future.” This is what drives us, in everything we imagine, develop and execute.
Our goal is clear: to connect PepsiCo’s beverage, snacks and nutrition portfolios, with today’s hyper-connected, networked users and consumers hungry for meaningful, authentic and relevant brand experiences across multiple touchpoints and regions of the world.
Self-starting with an “intrapreneurial” spirit
Immersed fashion, music, art, and culture
A social media influencer with a keen expertise in social digital
Adept to managing and navigating ambiguity
Optimistic, passionate, & curious
Empathetic to consumers and internal stakeholders
Fluent in design and conversant on emerging food & nutrition trends
Good at storytelling, visually & verbally
Passionate about enacting change to improve the world and how we nourish ourselves
Personality-wise, you’re passionate about figuring out how to build a bright future through innovative thinking and collaboration. With your deft communication skills, you’re adept at bringing disparate points of view into alignment and creating a single, cohesive vision. You express yourself clearly and persuasively to senior leadership and key stakeholders at all organizational levels, and you’re well-versed in inspiring others to find creative solutions. You’re not only a gifted ambassador but, an unflappable leader when it comes to managing priorities. If you’re a big thinker with an innovative mind, passion for your work, have exceptional design taste, a social and design influencer, relentlessly positive, remarkably humble and want to build a beautiful future, then we have a job for you!
As the Senior Manager of Brand Design for PepsiCo Beverages North America (PBNA), will lead Design activation and amplification for our (e.g.North) Division across the beverage portfolio including Pepsi, MTN DEW, LifeWTR, Bubly and more. This role will collaborate directly with Senior PBNA Division and Brand Design Leadership to execute brand consistency, influence key stakeholders to help shape the Division Agenda, manage cross-functional partnerships with internal and external stakeholders for flawless execution and identify critical solutions that will drive Division business growth.
This role requires talent with lead external agencies, lead across functions in a matrix environment, identify and execute opportunities to streamline processes, drive Design functional excellence in Divison and drive brand design concepts from ideation to execution with speed and quality. It will be the creative liaison between the Division (e.g. North) and Sector (home office), reporting into the Director of Design, Division Activation and Amplification.
- Brand Design Development: Leads external agency partners and internal freelance talent to generate creative concepts against Divisional brief objectives. Responsible for leading projects from brief to final design recommendations, including stakeholders in both the Sector/Division across the matrix.
- Manages the design and execution of all Division packaging, in-store/POS as well as out of home (billboards/bus shelters), ensuring that the final creative meets design intent through production and execution.
- Engage cross-functional teams in a matrix environment to drive Division business growth.
- Senior Leader Influence Set the Division agenda and align senior stakeholders (e.g. Sr. Division Marketing leadership) internal and external to the organization throughout the creative process.
- Design Project Management: Establishes Divisional Design processes to include: project briefing, tracking, reviews and approvals through production. Ensures stakeholders understand their roles and responsibilities throughout the creative process. Regularly reviews the status of projects with appropriate leadership to verify that Company and Division expectations are met.
- Support the PepsiCo Design Organization: Demonstrates the value of Design within the Divisional model and acts as a champion for resources, accountability and collaboration.
- External Design Network: Supports the PepsiCo Design Organization in driving Design functional excellence and awareness in the PBNA Divisions
- Bachelor’s degree (s) in Design, specifically Graphic Design, Industrial Design or similar curriculum
- 10+ years of deep brand design experience
- Experience with consumer product licensing, from identifying the right partnerships to creative direction to delivering robust style guides and promoting through social media
- Experience and a practitioner of Design Thinking and its methodologies and training
- Ability to work in the ambiguous and dynamic work environment; is comfortable with risk and uncertainty
- Ability to articulate design, design strategy and value of design across multiple functions
- Can effectively influence senior levels in the organization across regions and functions
- Can get things done through formal and informal channels
- Effectively communicates (verbally and written) with internal and external stakeholders across all levels
- Works well with others to deliver results; keeps others informed to avoid unnecessary surprises
- Strong typography skills, conceptual design skills, and design strategy experience Bachelor’s
- 360 brand design experience (i.e., print, packaging, digital, environmental, experiential)
- Experience working with global brands and demonstrated adherence/diversion from Visual Identity Systems
- Strong stakeholder relationship management
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement