We currently have two Maintenance Engineering Assistance Engineer roles based in our Carrigaline plant.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi.
We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast-paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The Technical Function is our team of enabling experts offering knowledge and partnership to functions on specialist subjects including engineering, quality and productivity. They will be expected to work as part of a cross functional team providing electrical and mechanical support to the Operations team. They will ensure operations and food safety excellence is provided to an auditable standard. Could you bring a new dimension to our technical expertise? If so, we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Position Purpose and Primary Accountabilities
- Carry out all work safely, cost effectively and to the highest GMP standards.
- Timely and effective troubleshooting and repair of day-to-day equipment and systems issues.
- Work with other staff in diagnosing causes of system, equipment or material failures. Participate in Root Cause Analysis events.
- Support all teams in meeting the plants KPI targets.
- Support all LOTO activities as required.
- Provide technical support to project teams in order to ensure technical best practice solutions.
- Participate in Quality, Cost and Service initiatives to drive performance improvement.
- Recommend process or system modifications. Assist in diagnosing and finding the answers to technical problems.
- Maximise equipment and plant availability through the root cause identification and subsequent elimination of problems/defects.
- Implement ideas to improve efficiency and effectiveness in both energy usage and of plant/production equipment performance.
- Qualified – Completion of Electrical/Mechanical apprenticeship and/or Cert/Diploma in Engineering Technology discipline including mechanical, electrical, automation, or equivalent
- Several years industry experience ideally within an industrial manufacturing environment
- Thorough working knowledge and demonstrated ability of the theories and principles of engineering and maintenance across all disciplines is required
- Understanding of design concepts to ensure maximum contribution.
- Demonstrated technical and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive in delivering results in a production environment.
- Innovative approach to problem solving.
- Committed to cGMP with a good understanding of business processes/drivers.
- The control and operation of the automated storage, transfer, handling/sanitising and processing of bulk liquids and powders. Automated liquid and powder process and filling equipment including ancillary equipment including ancillary equipment such as robotics, labelling, check-weighing, stretch-wrapping etc
- Familiarity and working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC technology and (In-Batch / In-Touch) Process Control Systems – programming, de-bugging and systems development.
- Working knowledge of SAP PM.
- Instrumentation experience
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.comRelocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular