Role: European Sales Strategy Senior Manager
Salary: c. £80,000 - £90,000 (depending on experience)
Location Reading 2 -3 days p/week (flexible working available)
The Europe (ESSA) Sales and Channel Strategy team’s role is to work with the ESSA leadership team to define and deploy the commercial and channel strategy agenda. This entails developing actionable solutions for some of the most challenging issues facing the company. Our geographic scope spans from Russia in the East to Sub-Saharan Africa to West Europe and we cover the full range of brands from Beverages (e.g. Pepsi, 7UP), to Snacks (e.g. Walkers, Lays) to Nutrition (Quaker, Tropicana) to Dairy and Baby Foods. Whether you decide to remain in Strategy or pursue a leadership position in another function, the experience provides incredible possibilities for a dynamic career at PepsiCo.
This role will play a key role defining and deploying European Sales/Commercial strategy agenda, working as a key member of a small, senior team on high profile strategic projects and business processes:
High profile role reporting to the Strategy Director and working closely with the VP NRM Shopper & Sales Strategy as well as the broader leadership team. You will play a key role defining and deploying European Sales/Commercial strategy agenda, working as a key member of a small, senior team on Sales and Channel Strategy. This work is a very high priority on the ESSA agenda and gives fantastic visibility across the business across all our categories and geographies
- Support delivery of ESSA Channel / Sales strategy workstreams to define long-term strategic priorities across the region & lead discrete project / analyses as well as embedding channel strategy into BU business planning
- Work closely with a broad set of stakeholders to generate new insights that inform strategic choices, working closely with senior leadership
- Develop ad-hoc strategic workstreams (e.g. Board of Director materials, consultancy engagements, Exec AOP/ PSP inputs) and co-ordinate Commercial annual plan (ACP)
- Prepare high impact presentation materials for senior audiences to update and build alignment on the sales strategy agenda for ESSA
- Work with ESSA Sales Strategy Manager to enhance financial and execution performance visibility across ESSA
- Be key point of contact for external strategy consultants to set project scope and validate analytics
- Be involved in developing the talent agenda across PEP ESSA strategy & revenue management functions, including career management & pipelining
- Applicant must be immediately credible in strategy with top-tier consulting or commercial strategy background in FMCG OR previous commercial analytics experience including time in strategy. Top tier educational background preferred
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to problem solve / search out facts / engage internal & external contacts to source data without prior detailed process/guidance; ability to leverage the internet to collate external data sources (e.g. many retail facts will not be collated in known data sources; search engines and some exploration must be used to find the relevant facts)
- Very strong analytical skills – excellent competency in MS Excel is a must, as is experience of managing complex, incomplete & inconsistent data sets and defining strategic analytics (market sizing/growth forecasts etc).
- High Emotional Intelligence, with global outlook with sensitivity and awareness of social and cultural differences; European language skills desirable
- Deep grounding in analytical logic and ability to translate complex data into powerful insight
- Proven experience using PowerPoint and ability to produce visually compelling presentations (i.e. beyond just operating the software) that are impactful with a senior audience
- Clarity in communication and English language to enable production of a very high standard of commentary that is impactful and credible for senior audiences.
- Balance of data experience across Financial / P&L and broader consumer/shopper/commercial insights in a CPG environment (note no specific financial qualifications required)
- Experience of Nielsen/IRI/EPOS, panel data (Kantar/GfK) an advantage, but not essential and third-party market data (Planet Retail, Economist, IGD etc) an advantage, but not essential
- Fluent English speaker
- Love of Consumer Packaged Goods and our brands
Job Type: Pipeline
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.