PepsiCo Australia & New Zealand is home to some of the world’s most trusted brands such as Sakata Rice Crackers, Quaker Oats, Smith’s Chips, Red Rock Deli, Sunbites Popcorn, Pepsi Max and Gatorade! We are a progressive and people-focused business, and believe our diverse workforce is the key to our success. Because we value our employees and their families, we offer an agile and flexible working environment with an emphasis on work life balance and health, as well as plenty of learning opportunities and room to grow your career. We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining high quality people.
Our Quaker Oats team has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Frontline Team Manager to join us. This role is key in managing all processing and packaging personnel on day or afternoon shifts, as well as leading the development and implementation of improvement plans for site and team members.
This position will involve the following:
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by training employees and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Core understanding of Food Safety ad HACCP
- Previous experience within Manufacturing or FMCG leadership
- Basic understanding of budget preparation (financial & analytical capability)
- Ability to maintain high performance under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills and works well with a team
- Someone who leads effectively by example and is results oriented
- A forward-thinker who can analyse issues and develop effective solutions
- Ability to plan and coordinate several simultaneous work activities
- Excellent work-life balance with our flexible office environment
- A competitive remuneration package
- Career development opportunities
- Discounted retail and service benefits through our PepsiCo extras program
Your positive attitude will be rewarded with excellent long term local and global career opportunities, and ongoing professional development along with a fun and rewarding working environment.
You will be a key part of a dynamic team and a valuable contributor to a global company that is one of the FMCG market leaders. At PepsiCo, we recognise our people as a key part of our business and career progression within the business is encouraged and supported.
Interested? Know someone who might be? This is a great opportunity to join the PepsiCo ANZ team.
At PepsiCo, we embrace equal opportunities for all employees. We believe that our people are our best asset and understand the importance of bringing different perspectives, different lenses and different experiences to our workplace. We are committed to building and supporting an inclusive workforce that truly reflects the global communities we operate within and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular