PepsiCo is creating more smiles with every sip and every bite by winning with purpose with our consumers. This means that we are continuing to integrate purpose into our business strategy and doing even more for our planet and our people. Our focus includes transforming our product portfolio while making our supply chain more sustainable and communities more prosperous. One critical enabler to meeting PepsiCo’s sustainability objectives is the strategic planning and deployment of digital solutions to drive our sustainability program agenda and effectively collaborate and communicate with multiple partners and stakeholders of this program, both within and outside of PepsiCo.
Strategic global lead role for the development and deployment of all Water Stewardship activities across PepsiCo’s supply chain. The role is responsible for maintaining/enhancing global strategy and operating tactics designed to achieve PepsiCo external targets for operational water use efficiency, watershed replenishment, and our adoption of the Alliance for Water Stewardship standard through engagement with Sector functional and business leadership. Role is also responsible for leading capability development programs for internal stakeholders in the area of water stewardship.
- Lead delivery of PepsiCo’s Positive Water Impact strategy, executing enhancements to strategy and approach needed to ensure PEP maintains its leadership position in this area.
- Manage global programs for delivery of public goals related to Water, including goals for Operational Water Use Efficiency, Watershed Replenishment and adoption of Alliance for Water Stewardship.
- Develop specific and measurable programs and tactics to be replicated across all plants in pursuit of operational water use efficiency and watershed replenishment. Develop annual priorities for execution, gain AOP alignment for funding and track replication globally.
- Lead development and deployment of a global approach to integrating high-water-risk Third Party Manufacturing into PepsiCo’s water risk mitigation efforts.
- Support prioritization and disbursement of the $170MM global sustainability capex fund for water use efficiency projects across all sectors.
- Serve as global Subject Matter Expert on PepsiCo’s value chain-wide water use. Provide support to PPGA for water-related public advocacy in high risk geographies.
- Drive executive leadership alignment (Sector Operations SVP’s, Office of Sustainability & EHS VP’s / Snr. Directors) on the business case and rationale for deployment of sustainability initiatives designed to improve water use efficiency and water risk mitigation in high risk watersheds.
- Prepare quarterly updates for the PepsiCo Risk Committee and for the PepsiCo Board of Directors on the status of our water risk mitigation strategy and programs
- Strategic and analytical sustainability thought leader
- Ability to develop strategy and drive decentralized programs globally
- Team leadership experience
- Technical subject matter expert on Water Stewardship, preferably both within operations (operational water use efficiency) and outside the plant (watershed restoration/conversation).
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions, cultures and multiple levels of the organization across the Company globally
- Ability to create agile strategic frameworks in a highly technical and complex area.
- Experience of leading water conservation projects or programs.
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills.
- Systems thinker
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree or MBA in Sustainability, Engineering or related technical fields strongly preferred
- 10+ years of increasing responsibilities leading Water-related programs in private or public sector environments
- Experience in leading a team is preferred
- Willingness to travel ~25% of time
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement