A Facility Operations Manager (FOM) plays a vital role in the Frito-Lay supply chain, driving results and managing change related to all operations functions at a Distribution Center site. Specifically, a FOM at Frito-Lay has three overarching responsibilities, people and team development, site management, and customer service
- Work week is Monday through Friday. Occasional 6th day will be required based on business needs.
- Early morning starts before 6am may be required based on business needs.
- Mon-Fri schedule is defined as working mostly from the early morning to late afternoon based on business needs.
- Interview, hire, and coordinate training for all warehouse team members. Team members are responsible for a number of functions within the Distribution Center: receiving product from manufacturing and moving product within the warehouse; preparing customer orders for delivery; moving full cases or picking and packing an individual mix of product into a case.
- Develop a cohesive and empowered team of 20 - 35 employees with the technical and problem solving skills to execute daily tasks as efficiently as possible. A FOM’s role in this process occurs through executing the SOPs Playbook action plans (alongside presence on the floor). Pre-shift and mid-shift meetings are utilized as touch points to gain a pulse of the team and encourage and motivate the team multiple times each day. Flight Plan Reviews are more formal meetings each period to drive the team towards period and quarterly plan goals.
- Manage all day-to-day people issues such as crewing, safety, specific employee issues, etc. Provide coaching through work with and administer corrective action as needed.
- Meet cost parameters and execute service targets and objectives through daily management of direct and indirect expenses. Direct expenses include labor efficiency (how many cases are outputted per hour worked) and accuracy (packing cases in a complete and exact manner). A heavy emphasis will be placed on supporting the frontline Team to achieve its Dynamic Standards Labor expectations. Additionally all indirect expenses must be maintained, such as supplies, utilities, leases, etc.
- Ensure site regulatory compliance with OSHA, DOT, FDA, and EPA.
- Manage warehouse space from both inventory and safety standpoints. In terms of inventory, ensure that pallets and cases are in appropriate lines and that all picking modules are replenished with product. From a safety perspective, ensure that all pallets, forklifts, trash cans, etc. follow the site 5S plan (if currently in place). Be especially cognizant of pallets and product on 2nd and 3rd tiers, as mistakes at these levels could have serious safety implications.
- Facilitate and execute site acceleration each year to continuously improve. Site acceleration occurs when a team of labor experts analyze current practices and develop action plans to improve efficiency and productivity.
- This position will also assist the ZOM and Site Lead in managing the Brisbane, DC. The site is staffed with up to 8 Sales Operations Employees.
- Serve as a liaison with manufacturing and general suppliers.
- Accurately and properly provide customer service to Sales partners. Specifically, work with Route Sales Representatives (RSRs) on a daily basis to understand product and customer issues. Execute product planning and ordering to ensure product availability without inventory overages. Limit compliance issues to ensure product that is ordered is stocked in warehouse. In addition, limit adjustment issues to ensure cases are packed accurately. Communicate and lead Value in Planning (VIP) process with Sales partners.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0-8 years’ experience utilizing a team-based approach to decision making
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- People and leadership skills with track record of achieving positive business result
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement