The key role of Technical Seed & Production Manager would be to lead the management and allocation of the Polish Seed Potato Supply from seed inspection to scheduling delivery across CEGB MUs.
It will have a critical influence to the quality and quantity outcomes of the total Polish raw-potato supply. It will include the delivery of specialist agronomical advice and guidance to both the Seed and Raw Potato producers.
The TS&P Manager will lead, analyze and support specialist projects including Sustainable Farming Initiative, Crop Track, Total Cost of Ownership Model and Crop Monitoring.
He/ she will lead in-field agronomy best practices for specialized, seed producing, suppliers based in Central Europe region supplying potato seeds of PEP proprietary and owned varieties across Poland and CEGB.
- Apply agronomical expertise to Polish seed producers and Polish chipstock growers. Develop and implement best practices and improvement plans in both seed and chipstock, including storage;
- Lead allocation of seed potato volumes to Polish chipstock growers according to contracted volumes. Collaborate with ESSA Central Seed Planner to manage allocations and recordings. Communicate seed potato pricing strategies and forecasts to relevant stakeholders. Manage minor pricing alterations;
- Create and implement KPI system for seed growers to drive supplier performance improvement and inform best sourcing strategies for PepsiCo;
- Manage new variety seed portfolio. Plan volumes and allocations of Minitubers and High Grade Seed needed for successful varietal development. Implement long term streering from New Variety Seed Managers and Central ESSA Supply Manager;
- Gather critical market floor insights on pricing and volume of current and future seed potato supply. Give feedback information on a constant basis to Poland Agro Manager. Suggest long term pricing strategies according to internal and external agricultural market forces;
- Apply Global Control Standards in the processes under his/her accountability, comply with GP Policy and other applicable policies as periodically updated and communicated, and ensure correct execution and documentation of controls;
Key skills/ experience:
Job Type: Stała