The role of Reliability Engineer is to drive Engineering Excellence as per PepsiCo Maintenance Methodology (PEMM) across site. Responsibility includes driving PEMM audit score improvement, reliability engineering/ engineering excellence awareness, skill improvement and implementation across site, leading condition monitoring agenda for the site, tracking and improving Engineering KPI’s and managing engineering skill improvement.
Details responsibilities include:
- Set and Lead the Sundar Engineering Reliability and PEMM agenda
- Generate and review MTBF/ MTTR reports and drive actions that will improve asset performance
- Generate and review Downtime reports and facilitate cross functional RCA sessions to improve asset performance
- Embed asset reliability into the sites maintenance strategy and ensure plans are in place to deliver the long term improvement agenda.
- Perform equipment and spares criticality assessment
- Ensure all site assets have been taken through the criticality/ FMECA programme. Integrate FMEC A/ RCM protocols to ensure the most cost effective maintenance requirements on critical equipment are implemented and reviewed through a systematic review of existing maintenance.
- Drive the delivery of PEMM results for the Engineering Support Department with specific responsibility of the Reliability section.
- Drive NE and TA improvement through the deployment of reliability programmes and associated techniques to drive the site towards a world class manufacturing site.
- Own and promote the training and application of reliability tools such as RCM, RCA, FMECA including provision of self-training.
- Lead site M&R, PEMM, RCM and PEMM-compliant SAP PM agenda
- Develop and drive condition monitoring agenda across site; develop self and others on hands-on usage of condition monitoring/ predictive maintenance tools; drive and track Condition Monitoring framework compliance (including line walks and CBM), identify risks and action items and drive timely completion
- Define and drive an Increase in Predictive Maintenance programmes for entire site
- Identify, justify, manage and deliver assigned projects at the site to any value. This includes identification and management of key suppliers and contractors, provision of CAPEX materials and supporting documentation and management of project spend
- Support the Front Line teams on technical breakdowns.
- Track and improve technical availability of entire site and put in plans to improve the same
- Develop and Drive Maintenance team capability on Engineering Excellence tools, PEMM, reliability engineering tools, condition monitoring and global best practices; develop SOP’s/ OPL’s/ training material and qualification checklists
- Drive and maintain FMECA-based maintenance plans and perform spares and equipment criticality analysis for entire site
- Work with Stores team, Electrical and Mechanical team leads to optimise spares availability and inventory values and drive inventory management excellence and VED/ ABC/ Aging/ Min-Max analysis in order to drive optimisation as per PEMM and Engineering Excellence methodology
- Generate and review Downtime reports for Engineering and facilitate cross functional RCA sessions to eliminate/ reduce downtimes and drive Technical Availability improvements
- Work with suppliers/ benchmark vs other best-in-class sites to improve equipment reliability and cost effectiveness to impact the overall maintenance cost/kg
- Degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical or Mechatronics
- Experience within FMCG manufacturing/ Reliability Engineering/ Engineering Excellence tools
- On-hands experience and technical knowledge of condition monitoring tools (thermography, ultrasonic leak detection, Microlog/ Vibration pens, Laser alignment tools, etc.)
- Significant experience of leading/ implementing automation/ digitization solutions
- Should have reasonable grasp of maintenance methodologies and concepts as well as reliability engineering tools (RCA, FMECA, Spares/ equipment criticality analysis, Inventory VED/ ABC analysis, vibration analysis interpretation)
- Should have reasonable grasp of common mechanical components and equipments
- CMMS/ SAP PM experience, report writing, data interpretation
- Experience of drive site-wide agenda
- Good decision making & communication abilities.
- Sound analytical skills and agile decision making
- Excellent organisational skills – Ability to handle multiple work streams.
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Office & CMMS)
Job Type: Regular