This is a PepsiCo career opportunity. This position is in PepsiCo China HQ. Please log onto www.pepsicojobs.com/main/china to find more career possibilities in PepsiCo China.
- Support PepsiCo’s China beverage business in the development of consumer insights, strategic and annual operating plans that maximize consumer momentum within PepsiCo’s key global business unit.
1.Insights & Business Strategy Development
– Supports Beverage commercial teams in identification and development of business priorities, providing insights and perspectives in the development of business strategy
– Supporting the development of strategic growth plans (PSP) and annual operating plans (AOP)
– Supports GBG strategic initiatives in GCR markets, incl. both brand building and product innovation pipeline building
– Supports insights initiatives to deepen fundamental understanding on category, consumer and brand to guide future business growth
2.Marketing Strategy and Execution
– Provides Beverage marketing team with the insights required to develop strategies across the marketing mix (brand, consumer targets, pack/pric, distribution/channels, etc)
– Evaluates marketing and brand communication activities throughout the year
– Provides insight support to innovation pipeline development and NPD initiative assessment (pre and post launch) to optimize the launch mix (incl. proposition, product, pack, price, channel and communication strategy)
3.External Agency / Partner Management
– Manages research agencies to ensure best practice methodologies and optimal outputs achieved
– Build cohesive partnership with major agencies and play a key role in building their capabilities to catch up the fast changing environment and technology innovation
– Support line manager to manage insights budget and drive cost efficiency to support business agenda and key priorities.
4.Performance Tracking and Evaluation
– Manages regular business review (incl. share and brand scorecard update) and topic driven analysis on category / brand / competition, integrating and synthesizing various sources of data (i.e. Nielsen, brand tracking, Kantar panel, etc.)
– Leads quarterly / annual review including category / consumer trends, competitor intelligence and brand performance, with clear and tangible insights to drive action plan
5.Transfer Operating Capability
– Liaises across PepsiCo GCR Insights team and the remainder of PepsiCo Global Insights on best practice tool development, helping to utilize these with local customization and implementation as appropriate
– Coaches business partners in understand and use of consumer insight to make fact based marketing decisions and develop appropriate brand plans.
– Work closely with insights, category / innovation, R&D, sensory, franchise, commercial, finance and strategy teams (locally and globally) to ensure business decisions are grounded with relevant consumer insights.
– Manage research agency to conduct various consumer research projects and deliver high quality outcome
– Work with creative, media agency to provide insights support on category, brand and consumer understanding (project base)
– Literacy in both spoken & written Chinese is a must; –English proficiency;
– At least Bachelor Degree qualified preferably in marketing, business or statistics
– Solid working experience in FMCG / consumer related industry in marketing or research function, or leading research agency; at least 6-year experience; working in both agency and in-house side will be preferred
– Business acumen; good track record of delivering high impact with Insights –Good analytical skill; able to synthesize data and generate opinions
– Forward looking and can see the big picture –Good at setting the agenda and right priorities of work
– Strong oral and communication skills required; good presentation skills –Proficient computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
Job Type: Regular