We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers. The groundbreakers of the Supply Chain & Logistics space.
We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
Job Description Summary: Sr. Warehouse Supervisor
The Sr. Warehouse Supervisor role manages all activities associated with their frontline and salaried team, to positively impact the overall department. The Sr.Warehouse Supervisor will be leading a team consisting of hourly frontline associates and salaried exempt associates. Responsibilities include accountability for the creation of cost efficiencies and leading continuous improvement efforts on processes, service, and safety. This is an opportunity to lead a diverse team of 15 to 30 warehouse associates with varying levels of experience. This role is expected to develop individuals and the team to solve operational issues and motivate team members to achieve performance targets.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
- Identify, coordinate, and lead improvement projects necessary to deliver the Warehouse Annual Operating Plan (AOP). Ensure cost performance gaps are identified, action plans are developed, and resources are properly allocated to execute and achieve results
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise on warehouse order picking software and drivers of productivity performance
- Lead education of peers and staff on warehouse productivity optimization opportunities and drivers of performance
- Collaborate cross-functionally, identify opportunities, and initiate actions to continuously improve forecasting of labour needs and frontline onboarding
- Maintain quality and sanitation standards throughout shift
- Optimize operational efficiencies to support the effective execution of the facility’s warehousing and shipping operations
- Utilize docks, warehouse layout, and route truck loading patterns that minimize loading time
- Ensure the optimal inventory levels of full goods are maintained to fulfil daily sales needs
- Builds people capability through implementing effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication with front-line hourly personnel
- Manage the performance of salaried direct reports through performance reviews, frequent discussions, coaching, and career development action plans
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Deliver effective change leadership - driving business changes while minimizing people impact
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist the team to solve operational issues
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Build and develop talent by effectively leveraging PepsiCo Career Growth and Leadership Models and the Performance Management Process
- Champion and lead an effective safety culture. Coach for safe behaviours and compliance with safety policies and procedures. Lead and ensure execution of pertinent safety training for shift
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, contracts and procedures
- Administer policies and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance at the worksite
- This role requires a regular presence on the plant floor
- This role requires lifting up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- This role requires occasional work in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow
- This role may operate forklift and manufacturing equipment occasionally
- This role may require off-shift and weekend work
- This role may require some travel (less than 5%)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, business, supply chain management, operations management, or similar field
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in supply chain or operations preferred, preferably food/beverage experience
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and capability in finance and accounting, supply chain, project management, human relations, effective communications, and statistics/logical problem-solving.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring skills
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team-building skills
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement