Imagine What Can Happen When YOUR “Can-Do” Attitude MEETS OUR Iconic Brands
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana.
PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
PepsiCo Foodservice is a division of PepsiCo that brings the company’s entire portfolio of food and beverage brands to market in out-of-home consumption channels to meet consumer needs at work, at play, and on the go.
PepsiCo continues to be at the forefront as the category’s share leader and growth driver. We’re excited to see what we can accomplish with your skills, ideas, and perspectives. Are you in?
What’s Your Role?
The Market Development Manager (MDM) will manage a $9MM territory and execute PepsiCo Go to Market strategies within 2 strategic distributors headquartered in Virginia. Operator coverage includes Richmond, Roanoke, Northern Virginia and surrounding areas. Responsible for executing initiatives across 6 lines of business: Frito Lay, Quaker Oats, Tropicana, Gatorade, Naked Juice and Sabra.
The role will negotiate contracts and programming within their distributors and will identify, understand and analyze their customer’s opportunities and needs. This person will proactively build high-quality relationships at all levels (senior leadership, sales, marketing, procurement, finance and operations) within the distributor.
This role will own the relationship with large key operator customers and region accounts.
Call coverage includes but is not limited to distributors, restaurants, college and university, healthcare, business and industry outlets, national accounts, vend operators and K-12 education sectors. The MDM will drive for results by balancing priorities without losing momentum behind the execution, they will accelerate sales growth and demonstrate the value of PepsiCo within the territory by leveraging specific products, promotions and programs designed to increase sales and profit for both customers and PepsiCo.
Ensure success within their distributors by collaborating, leading and developing distributor through the Business Optimization Platform. This person will be the strategic sales leader, setting the annual agenda for their distributors through business optimization, program management; distributor sales team interaction, building customer intimacy, and administrative excellence. The individual will achieve annual sales and profit plan by identifying opportunities, strategies and tactics, and executing by influencing key stakeholders within their distributors. The position will be responsible for meeting or exceeding annual growth plan targets and achieving division key performance indexes (KPI’s).
- Business Optimization: Guide distributor partners through 6 phase process: align, sell, initiate, recommend, implement and review, by managing the category, identifying white space and driving customer intimacy. Work with a distributor to review current category performance versus projected after recommended items are eliminated
- Program Management:
- Negotiate and execute annual marketing programs
- Prepare and present ongoing business reviews
- Ensure new item distribution and execute programming to push and pull product
- Manage budget and trade spend
- Distributor Sales Team Interaction:
- Drive distributor sales team training agenda on PepsiCo Lines
- Engage with distributor reps that manage various channels of business. i.e. Street, Healthcare, National Accounts
- Provide leads to distributor district sales managers utilizing data from Street Smart
- Collaborate and support PepsiCo territory operator managers, communicate new leads and distributor information
- Manage distributor events, food shows, general sales meetings, district sales meetings, vendor fairs
- Identify and develop key senior-level relationships that should be initiated to further attain goals
- Collaborate courses of action to realize mutual goals
- Cultivate an active network, proactively build and maintain relationships to promote sales objectives
- Distributor Growth
- Execution of new products
- Call Coverage
- Existing and New Business Growth
- Utilize customer record management systems, inputting daily activities
- Manage trade spend and marketing budget
- Track results and complete post-event analysis
- Strong analytical ability, analyze multiple data points, ability to identify trends from sales data. Knowledge of core business and trade economics
- Negotiation, establish win-win outcomes that meet each party’s core needs
- Superior time management skills, ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities and plan
- Strong use of influencing skills to gain alignment agreement and commitments
- Contribute to cross-functional teams, proactively influence strategic decision making
- Outstanding communication (oral and written) and collaboration skills. Conveys message logically and communicates with impact within PepsiCo and external customers. Communicates all results and opportunities to manager and zone team
- Self-Starter, ability to work independently in the absence of direct supervision
- Superior presentation development skills ( Development and delivery to senior levels)
- Bachelor’s Degree- Minimum 3-4 years distributor CPG management
- Willing to travel overnight within assigned territory
- Strong Computer skills-Excel/PowerPoint
- Demonstrated professionalism and dependability
- Expected to be in the field 4 days per week spending 90+% of the working time in front of the customer
- The ideal candidate would reside in Richmond, Virginia
- Willing and able to lift 40 lbs. periodically
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement