Our factory in Coventry is our biggest snacks manufacturing site in the UK, producing a number of well-known brands including Doritos, SunBites, Squares, French Fries, Wotsits and Monster Munch. It is a multi-technology plant with significant automation and is home to around 650 of our team.
To ensure that the site complies with Environmental Health and Safety Legislation and operates within the internal (Global Environmental, Health and Safety Management System) and the UK Focus Top Risks and the external ISO 14001 standard.
Own multiple standards across the Health and Safety model – as defined by Manager
.including Incident Investigation and Risk Assessment.
Provide regular coaching to other standard Duty Holders.
Be a trained auditor able to externally audit other UK sites.
Own the Environmental Management aspect of the agenda including all Technical Standards and be responsible for the utilities aspects of the site – eg YOY usage and targets
To provide expert guidance on all safety and environment related matters and give information, advice and coaching on relevant legislation and internal EHS systems and reinforcement of site standards.
To be an active member of a site QCDM team and be an active participant in the daily and weekly process. This is a fundamental aspect of this role and how we operate in a Lean environment needs to be fully understood.
To assist the site Management Team, Duty Holders and committee’s (via direct ownership) to meet the site targets of risk management and accident reduction, and drive proactive safety culture through effective communications and continuous improvement.
Deputise for the EHS Manager when required in National forums and have a strong link with other UK sites – build a relationship with UK Ops EHS Manager.
Be a lead for the function and drive efficiencies in reporting and general workload.
Own the EHS budgets for ad-hoc costs and ensure 5% compression YOY.
Critical role in change management projects to ensure safe execution of all change a
Duty Holder for Incident Management and Analysis. Partner operations leaders to conduct effective investigations and develop sustainable plans to prevent reoccurrence.
Will be called on to provide critical EHS decisions when EHS Manager not available. For example, make decisions on taking equipment out of service / production stoppages in relation to high potential safety or environment issues in consultation with Management Teams.
Make decisions on appropriate corrective actions with respect to accident investigations, Hi-Pos, inspections, and risk assessments in consultation with shift managers and Operations Manager.
Flexible, can be available for support 24 hours/7 days as business needs dictate and travel to UK sites to support as necessary.
Reporting into Environment, Health & Safety Manager (8)
Direct Manager for team of 3.
- Experience of a regulatory driven environment (Environment, Health and Safety)
- Fundamental knowledge of Environmental ,Health and Safety legislation.
- Experience of operating in a Lean environment would be advantageous.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to manage in all directions, including influencing people higher in the organisation and in other sites and functions. Deal with external agencies e.g. HSE, EA, and claims solicitors.
- Comfortable dealing with difficult discussions and situations. Team player who is able to adapt to different audiences with a strong coaching style. Ability to accept challenge and form logical responses based on expert knowledge of subject matter. Understand when to escalate and when to take action personally.
- Requirement for NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent. Preference for Approved General Risk Assessor, PUWER/COSHH, DSE, Manual Handling assessment trained.
- NEBOSH Environmental Diploma and Environmental NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and confidently at all levels - 1:1, in writing and presenting in group situations.
- Experience - In a similar role with transferable competence set as above.
Job Type: Regular
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.