We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers. The ground breakers of the Supply Chain & Logistics space.
We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
The LD&T Associate Supervisor contributes to the success of PepsiCo Company by supervising a team of transport drivers to deliver product to Company's distribution centers in a safe, efficient and productive manner.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
This is a 3rd shift Role
- Provide local interface and direction for dedicated carrier on issues and improvement projects
- Assume ownership for financial forecasts and analysis related to the transportation cost center
- Provide support to Market Unit facilities on transportation matters including, but not limited to: Identification and achievement of assigned productivity/cost improvement targets; resource requirements planning; wait time reduction
- Assist in the development and implementation of inbound transportation programs that provide for continuous improvement
- Develop effective relationships with internal customers (i.e. sales, logistics, plant, satellite warehouses etc.)
- Provide location assistance for proper utilization of transportation tools such as rate and route guides
- Resolve outstanding freight bills
- Maintain equipment appearance and safety standards: instruct and train all company assigned to transport department in proper safety procedures and regulations; direct employees in identifying and correcting any unsafe conditions; eliminate avoidable accidents and improve department's performance
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelors degree
- Knowledge of DOT (Department Of Transportation) regulations
- Transportation experience dealing with legal, regulatory and operational issues, including customer service, logistics and carrier operations
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing front-line employees
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
- Strong communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and influence management skills
- Incumbent should have a strong customer focus and be results driven
- Incumbent must be able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks without losing momentum while also completing all daily tasks efficiently and effectively
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement