Position Purpose and Primary Accountabilities:
The purpose of this role is to lead all front line operators on each designated shift. The scope of operations is inclusive of receiving raw materials, manufacture of products and outbound shipment of products of high standards in quality and in the right quantity within budgeted costs.
The job holder is required to ensure the production and salts department process and operations meet all EHS requirements and procedures. This role is responsible to lead the operations team to deliver high productivity, line efficiency, cost effectiveness and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) while maintain high Safety and Quality performance. This will be achieved by leading continuous improvement activities, coaching and facilitating the front line operators team.
This position will be involved in the preparation of AOP and will participate in weekly and daily Production Planning Meetings. The job holder will train and develop the front line operators and maintain high morale in the operations shift team.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives across area of responsibility in areas of Cost, Quality, Service, Sustainability and People
- Forecast Operational requirements/ resources based on future production schedules, projects etc. to assure product supply
- Manage the product flow from staging of salts to shunting
- Management and analysis of Key Performance Indicators for assigned areas
- Ensure that all salts materials are shunted to the 3PL, and transacted on time
- Ensure all production targets are met for the salts department
- Deliver Productivity objectives for salts
- In conjunction with the warehouse supervisor, ensure that CMSPL salts has all materials, and equipment each day to meet production requirements
- Work in conjunction with Quality to ensure Product Quality, HACCP and compliance with the Quality System at all times
- Ensure comprehensive follow up on corrective actions and any customer complaints in assigned area.
- Lead the inventory/system accuracy daily with support from Inventory Coordinator
- Liaise with Engineering/Maintenance to coordinate downtime, and or maintenance works as required
- Ensure any quality actions are taken timely as required by the business
- Ensure Operations inventory processes are successfully executed i.e. cycle counting, MRB issue resolution.
- Executing on Organization Inventory Management & Logistics strategies.
- Coach/Lead/ and develop team members into one cohesive organized unit
- Maintain Time Keeping for DRs, and provide coaching as necessary for business continuity
- Build and develop organizational health, capability and culture through management of people initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with the Health and Safety Site System and ensure that a high standard of Health and Safety is always adhered to on site
- Lead your team to achieve excellence in Health & Safety behaviors and standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Food Science or any other related discipline
- At least 5 years MNC manufacturing experience in beverage, food, pharmaceutics or chemical plant, preferably in food or chemical industry
- At least 2 years in a supervisory or managerial position
- Strong leadership skill with the ability to establish visions and strategic plans
- Ability to manage change and proven history of driving change through to conclusion
- Ability to develop production talents
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing, IE and other Production Management Tools
- High level of urgency in performing work and in achieving KPIs
- Good command of English and computer skills
- High aptitude for IT systems
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement