The Director, Sustainability Integration, will be responsible for supporting attainment of PepsiCo’s sustainability agenda by further integrating Sustainability principles, thinking, and standards into core business processes globally and coordinating with Sectors to include global sustainability priorities in their agenda. A few key areas for focus for integration efforts in the short term include but are not limited to embedding Sustainability considerations into merger and acquisition due diligence work, integration of new businesses post-acquisition into PepsiCo Sustainability data systems and program areas, and ensuring Sustainability is embedded into engineering capital decision-making processes.
This individual will also be responsible for strategically evolving PepsiCo’s resource conservation program among PepsiCo global wholly owned locations and expanding the program to high priority Franchisees to drive attainment of PepsiCo’s water and climate sustainability goals. This will require leading identification of efficiencies in processes, best practices, and knowledge sharing between sectors and global functions. This highly visible role will require deep engagement with global and sector teams, a strong understanding of PepsiCo’s operations and current sustainability programs, and innovative thought leadership.
- Incorporating sustainability considerations into global merger and acquisition due diligence processes; Leading sustainability related post-acquisition integration work.
- Leading and evolving global resource conservation programs and expanding the program into the external PepsiCo manufacturing network including developing benchmarking of internal facilities as well as peer network.
- Developing a refreshed strategy for training of operations personnel globally on resource conservation and sustainability; overseeing implementation of training.
- Partnering with finance to manage funding allocation of PepsiCo’s global sustainability Capex Fund including developing global M&V strategy for global CAPEX fund to meet Green Bond requirements and driving implementation and adoption of the program globally. Partnering with finance to manage/oversee OPEX for the Sustainability Office.
- Working with Sector Leadership to translate global sustainability strategies on water, climate work into sector capex PSPs and AOPs
- Identifying and driving socialization and implementation of internal and external sustainability related operations focused best practices.
- Amplifying processes and driving accountability for incorporating sustainability considerations into global engineering projects - from design through build stages.
- Serve as thought leader within the Company for sustainability operations and efficiency projects, new technologies and lead external benchmarking of peers in this area. Partnering with internal SMEs including partners in the sectors and R&D to drive projects at leading edge
- Strategic and analytical sustainability thought leader
- Ability to develop strategy and drive decentralized programs globally
- Deep technical and financial understanding of CPG/F&B operations and sustainability trends and issues
- Team leadership experience
- Strong organizational skills to effectively manage change and drive future performance
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions, cultures and multiple levels of the organization across the Company globally
- Ability to successfully navigate ambiguity and juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced matrix organization
- Excellent project leadership skills
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Self- starter
- Results driven
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail and sense of urgency
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering or related technical field
- Master’s degree or MBA in Sustainability, Engineering or related technical fields strongly preferred
- 10+ years of increasing responsibilities leading sustainability programs in manufacturing environments
- Experience managing large scale capital projects and budgets
- Experience in a similar role within a CPG or F&B Company preferred
- Willingness to travel ~20-30% of time
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement