- Perform laboratory analyses including Gas Chromotography, Liquid Chromotography, and Atomic Absorption
- Perform laboratory solution and media preparation.
- Insure calibration and maintenance of all plant chemistry lab equipment
- Perform analytical testing of ingredients and products.
- Perform water sample collection and analysis for analytical results.
- Process and analyze paperwork for QC functions.
- Microbiological reading and plating finish good / raw material / culture swab…etc
- Plant water micro management
- Environmental air sampling
- Allergen testing program
- Micro database management
- Manage raw material micro testing program
- Microbiological conformance to specification (Finish goods sample frequency, culture swab / ATP swab at pre-operational post CIP
- Train Techs on new procedure, create SOP, one point lesson, or flow chart, QC form
- Support QA management during audits
- Perform incoming inspections of carriers, ingredients and packaging materials.
- Analyze and document analysis of materials used in manufacturing.
- Monitor, analyze and document in-process conditions, materials and products.
- Collect samples for environmental microbiology monitoring of manufacturing areas.
- Monitor and perform lab equipment calibrations.
- Performs or assists with additional assignments as directed by QC Management.
- Insure laboratory data integrity through use of good lab practice, data analysis, documentation, and interpretation of results
- Insure excellent customer service by understanding customer needs and delivering data in a meaningful format
- High school diploma/GED
- 2 years previous quality experience in a food/beverage manufacturing facility OR an Associate Degree in Chemistry or Food Science/Microbiology
- Strong understanding of Gas Chromotography, Liquid Chromotography, and Atomic Absorbsion methodology including method development and troubleshooting
- Proficiency in performing analytical lab procedures and troubleshooting lab equipment
- Mathematical aptitude and analytical skills
- Computer literacy with Windows, Microsoft office application and other lab software
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak in one-on-one and group settings to communicate complex topics, information and specifications related to food manufacturing, food quality and food regulations
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload
- Strong understanding of basic laboratory skills and good laboratory practices
- Adapt easily to changing priorities
- Strong math, written, and oral communication skills
- Good organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work independently on projects
- Demonstrates good leadership skills with a focus on quality
- Demonstrates a professional attitude in personal, technical, and organizational activities
- Computer skills to include: LIMS, AMAPS, SAP, Excel, Word and DOCS
- Good analytical skills including verification and calibration of lab instruments
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement