Responsible for operation and maintenance of Powerhouse related equipment including boilers, compressors, Life Safety systems, pumps, chillers, water systems, HVAC, Environmental Control equipment, etc. in a continuously operated plant to support production requirements and assist in providing a safe working environment.
PepsiCo Canada is recognized as one of Canada’s top 100 employers. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Our product portfolio includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands; from Gatorade to Quaker, Tropicana to Lay’s and more. We make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's effort to help build a more sustainable food system represents a key element of the company's broader vision of accelerated, sustainable growth known as Winning with Purpose. As part of this vision, PepsiCo is striving to be a better company by further integrating purpose into the core of its business and brands and doing even more for people and the planet. Our purpose efforts include fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, supporting the communities where we live and work, and improving choices in our portfolio through reformulations and new products.
At PepsiCo Canada, we are focused on delighting our consumers by delivering high-quality products and exciting brand campaigns. Our people are critical to our success and by supporting their personal growth and development and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, PepsiCo Canada is a company you’ll be proud to join!
What you’ll be working on:
- Operate Powerhouse equipment as trained and directed. Report abnormalities to the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager in a timely fashion.
- Enter work request and track running hours and PM requirements on Plant Compressors, boilers and associated equipment
- Perform Preventative Maintenance tasks on boilers and Compressors as assigned.
- Trouble-shoot and repair equipment problems as needed.
- Provide documentation in Log Books, change procedures, etc. as required.
- Co-ordinate work with other staff and contractors in order to minimize disruptions.
- Ensure all work is done in a safe manner and in concert with all applicable codes and legislation.
- Provide support to entire site in emergency situations (Active Emergency Response Team Member)
- Any other duties supporting the maintenance department and Facility as required.
- PM and repair Production gas fired ovens, heat exchangers and other gas equipment as required
- Maintain Plant Fire System including flow tests, fire pump Tests
- Maintain Plant water systems
- Maintain Plant Heat Recovery systems
Who’s a good fit for the team:
- Candidates with the following licenses will be considered, Fitter 2, Oil Burner Technician, 4th class Stationary Engineer, A G1 Gas ticket is required
- Trade certificates in associated disciplines will enhance the candidate.
- Experience working with various types of Powerhouse equipment is required.
- Experience with the use and understanding of predictive technologies and predictive tools (Ultrasonic Detection, Infrared Cameras, etc.) is also desired.
- Need to be able to read Mechanical drawings.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office are desired.
- Well organized and good communications skills are essential.
- Shift work may be required.
- Working at heights and ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Provide safe lock-out of equipment when required.
- Assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and safe work practices.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive compensation, benefits, pension, RRSP contribution and vacation time
- A flexible working environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- A dynamic and inclusive culture that promotes you to bring your whole-self to work
- A supportive team that will encourage your professional growth and development
- An opportunity to be meaningful and impactful within your work and projects
- An opportunity to give back to the community with our Always on Volunteer 360 Program
- An organization that aims to use their scale, reach and expertise to build a more sustainable world
High Priority: #PFHRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular