The best work of your career is ahead. Find the role that starts it all today!
Our job is to power PepsiCo with the best talent and technology solutions in the world. We shape, create, and deliver world-class technology capabilities & solutions to accelerate PepsiCo’s global growth across all functions. The IT Innovation team is looking for someone willing to grow their career by developing their skills as a Junior Data Scientist to help us bring big ideas to life. You will get an opportunity to learn by doing and grow your technology skills to drive meaningful change.
As a Junior Data Scientist, you will utilize your unique blend of creativity, technical skills, and passion for continuous learning. You will make an impact by bringing big ideas to life in a way that helps others see what is possible through emerging technology.
- Make an impact by learning how to apply emerging technologies to business problems.
- Evaluate and learn methods of applying data science in combination with emerging technology solutions to solve business problems.
- Bring ideas to life by developing prototypes and testing potential solutions through an iterative approach.
- Follow a user-centred design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Evaluate potential use cases to help design experiments involving software, hardware, and algorithmic models to uncover insights.
- Research, evaluate, and validate potential solutions methods.
- Learn and apply technical development skills.
- Continuously learn new technical software development skills, hardware integration, or cloud computing skills set.
- Collaborate with others on IT Innovation team and stakeholders to develop concepts by providing technical development or guidance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Operations Research, Data Science, Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Systems Analysis, Statistics, Mathematics, or related STEM field
- 2+ years of experience building a variety of machine learning models
- Experience in Object-Oriented Programming (Python, Java, or C++ are preferred)
- Experience with statistical programming languages (R, Python, SAS, etc.)
- Experience developing interactive data visualizations for exploratory analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Interested in applying data science to solving CPG industry problems
- Ability to work with partners (internal & external) to understand requirements. and develop solutions that meet the customer's vision
- A passion for researching emerging technology, continuous learning, and software development skills
- Ability to develop others and educate stakeholders about solution concepts
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement