• Responsible for coordinating the procurement of multiple, moderately complex components and parts, to support facilities and operations.
• Reviews and analyzes procurement requirements and places orders accordingly, using appropriate system. SAP, INFOR
• Researches and develops competent suppliers of high quality components by preparing bids, proposals, or other informational requests that contain material specification and supplier operational data. Analyzes, information to assess financial stability and manufacturing capabilities of suppliers, and assists in making sourcing decisions for SPT.
• Contacts suppliers regarding material problems, such as delayed receipt, poor quality, wrong items, etc., and resolves issues.
• Is able to organize and execute advanced negotiation techniques and demonstrate consistent cost savings results and meet company targets.
• Works with other department personnel, such as Operations, Maintenance, Fleet Operations, Engineering, etc. to resolve defective or unacceptable goods, plan for future requirements, or incorporate technical needs into future bids and proposals. Refers more complex problems to higher level Procurement Buyers or to supervisor.
• Maintains records and documentation pertaining to past activities, order specifications, supplier specifications and performance histories, etc. and provides information to management as needed.
• Reconcile receiving / P-card issues
• Process MRO requisitions
• Maintains competency as Back up - Kronos Time system
• Responsible for PO maintenance (launching, invoicing issues, expediting)
• Coordinates delivery information for all purchased parts for their assigned cell
• Blanket PO’s setup for all active materials to improve efficiencies
• Implementing a forward planning process to minimize purchase part shortages
• Review unplanned requests for production material and/or MRO.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Understanding of SAP / INFOR systems
• Previous buying and planning experience desired
• lean manufacturing background
• Team player, self-motivated
• Results orientation
• Understanding of inventory turns and how to optimize results
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement