The Modesto Traffic Department currently has an opening to fill the position of 2nd Shift Dispatch Coordinator. It is a Level 2 full-time Admin position, which reports directly to the Traffic Network Resource. Selection for the position will be based on interviews. The hours of work are Wednesday through Sunday, 1:30 PM to 10:00 PM. Please note that working overtime, weekends and holidays will be required.
Primary Job Accountabilities :
- Dispatch Coordination of all inbound/outbound drivers and equipment.
- Assignment of runs to OTR drivers on a daily basis.
- Assignment of tractors on a daily basis.
- Yard Management: tracking of Company Fleet, Common Carrier and Military loads.
- Tracking of offsite tractors and trailers.
- Monitor and track Frito-Lay Drivers DOT Hours of Service.
- Award Driver Bid Boards.
- Manifesting of all retail and vend deliveries.
- Extensive and effective communication with various functions to ensure successful deliveries.
- Communicate effectively with shift counterparts for successful hand-off between shifts.
- Active participation in various Department Team/Business meetings.
- Backfill other shifts as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Overtime as needed.
Knowledge of DOT Hours of Service - preferred
Minimum of 2 years of dispatching experience - preferred
DOT Drug/Alcohol Certification Skills preferred
Demonstrated proficiency in Excel/Word is a must
Strong math and analytical skills
Ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines
Must be flexible to work weekends, overtime and holidays
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement