We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers. The groundbreakers of the Supply Chain & Logistics space.
We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
The Supply Chain Designate role manages all activities associated with their front line team, to positively impact the overall department. The Supply Chain Designate will be leading a team consisting of hourly front line associates, and possibly salaried exempt associates. Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety. This is an opportunity to lead a diverse team of 15 to 30 hourly manufacturing, warehouse, or traffic associated with varying levels of experience. This role is expected to develop individuals and the team to solve operational issues and motivate team members to achieve performance targets.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
- Optimize operational efficiencies to support the facility’s production, packaging, warehousing, and shipping operations
- Optimize ingredient and packaging material used to minimize waste
- Ensure operational practices are followed to control inventories
- Ensure PepsiCo financial and accounting control procedures are followed to ensure accurate inventory records are maintained
- Maintain product quality and sanitation standards
- Flex production plans on a shift by shift basis, managing through issues to prevent service issues and operational inefficiencies
- Identify and coordinate operations improvements necessary to deliver the site annual operating plan (AOP). Ensure cost performance gaps are identified, action plans are developed, and resources are properly allocated
- Manage the performance of direct reports through performance reviews, frequent discussions, coaching, and career development action plans
- Champion and lead an effective safety culture. Coach for safe behaviours and compliance with safety policies and procedures
- Coach teams to demonstrate continuous improvement in profitability margins, efficiencies, and cost savings initiatives
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, contracts and procedures
- Directly oversees operational measures including but not limited to efficiency, yield loss, product quality, inventory accuracy, transactional accuracy
- This role requires regular presence on the plant floor
- This role requires lifting up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- This role requires occasional work in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow
- This role may require off-shift and weekend work
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in manufacturing preferred preferably food/beverage experience
- Must possess strong skills, knowledge and capability in TPM or lean manufacturing, finance and accounting, project management, human relations, effective communications, and statistics/logical problem-solving.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring skills
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team-building skills
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement