Work for a global company with some of the world’s most trusted and iconic brands.
PepsiCo Australia & New Zealand is home to some of the New Zealand’s favourite and most trusted brands such as Bluebird Potato Chips, Doritos, Copper Kettle, Grain Waves, Twisties and Burger Rings! We are a progressive and people-focused business, and believe our diverse workforce is the key to our success. Because we value our employees and their families, we offer an agile and flexible working environment with an emphasis on work life balance and health, as well as plenty of learning opportunities and room to grow your career.
To continue our success, we currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Bluebird Sales team as a Territory Manager (Grocery), looking after the Nelson/Marlborough region.
This role is covering extended annual leave of one of our existing Territory Managers and will be on a full-time, fixed-term contractual basis; working up until Friday 30th October 2020.
Reporting to the Foodstuffs Business Sales Manager, this role will see you drive total category sales growth and profitability through in-store execution. Key to your success will be your ability to build relationships with customers throughout your entire territory and sell in based on sales facts and data.
You will also play a crucial role in our Sales’ Health and Safety culture through promoting, developing and improving this culture of safe workplace practices.
Only people with the legal right to work in New Zealand will be considered.
- Maximise opportunities in your stores through: selling in promotional activity with adequate stock weight, complying to trading terms’ agreements and locally/centrally agreed in-store activity, activating new products in store and closing distribution gaps as per store blueprint to grow sales and drive profitability. This will include hitting weekly, monthly and quarterly sales targets.
- Build working relationships across all levels of your customers as well as the wider Bluebird/PepsiCo business, keeping your customers up to date with sales performance and any opportunities to maximise sales and profit.
- Manage your Journey Plan to maximise your call compliance through setting meetings with buyers, managing third-party merchandising resources, using PepsiCo’s “Steps of the Call” guidelines, completing weekly and monthly tasks and ensuring all sales, pricing and admin procedures are adhered to (managing invoices, claims and statements).
- Take full accountability for your Tools of Trade: Vehicle, Phone, Laptop, Uniform, POS and Sales Information. This will include the maintenance and operational care of all items, maintaining Bluebird’s high personal appearance standards at all times.
- Ad-hoc coverage of other territories when needed.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A natural ability to build working relationships with customers and conduct selling conversations using retail maths through excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as a strong personal awareness.
- Ability to understand, interpret and use category facts to aid in identifying in-store sales growth opportunities and put a plan in place to improve in-store execution.
- A desire to negotiate with and drive for results across all customers, always adopting a proactive and solutions-focused approach to any objection handling or problem solving.
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritise workload/hours to meet sales target expectations and deadlines, whilst still contributing to the wider sales team objectives through sales execution and sharing best practice.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within the FMCG industry or a similar Retail Sales industry.
- A clean driver’s licence is essential.
- Excellent work-life balance with flex-time working arrangements.
- A competitive remuneration package, including Tool Of Trade Vehicle, Company Phone, Laptop & Sales Incentive Bonuses.
- Discounted retail and service benefits through our PepsiCo Extras program.
You will be a key part of a dynamic team and a valuable contributor to a global company that is one of the FMCG market leaders. At PepsiCo, we recognise our people as a key part of our business and career progression within the business is encouraged and supported. We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining high quality people.
Interested? Know someone who might be? This is a great opportunity to join the PepsiCo ANZ team.
PepsiCo’s job application process:
1. Submit your application
3. Medical and skills Assessment process
4. Reference and background checks
At PepsiCo, we believe what makes you unique, makes us better. We embrace equal opportunities for all employees. We believe that our people are our best asset and understand the importance of bringing different perspectives, different lenses and different experiences to our workplace. We are committed to building and supporting an inclusive workforce that truly reflects the global communities we operate within and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Follow us on LinkedIn! https://www.linkedin.com/company/pepsico/Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular