Leicester is the heart of PepsiCo UK. Our factories there produce millions of packets of great tasting Walkers crisps every day. It’s already a great plant but our ambition is to make it even greater. We not only want to be the largest crisp factory in the world, we want to be the best.
To provide a high level of technical leadership and support to the site Engineering and Operations teams, specifically around Electrical standards and regulatory requirements working directly alongside the EDH. There will also be a requirement to review and own the site drawing registry, revision control and process in which new/updated drawings are added to the registry. Implement a standard framework for instrument testing and inspection, ensuring the site Instrumentation and controls are aligned with current best practice in terms of calibration and testing (Safety & Quality). Also ensuring plans are implemented to ensure obsolescence and support for installed instrumentation is robust and reliable or equipment is replaced in line with current capex and R&M budgets. Provide technical input into future equipment designs and SME input for relevant GEHSMS topics. Work with Process Specialists and CSS to ensure plant is being optimised via instrumentation and control systems to maximise efficiency and utilisation of plant whilst reducing waste.
- Lead and be accountable for the site drawing registry and updates including revision control (Electrical wiring, Zone (DSEAR) Drawings, P&ID’s)
- Deputy EDH for Leicester site
- GEHSMS Duty holder responsibility Explosive Atmospheres (DSEAR - Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations) across Leicester
- Provide problem solving support Technicians/Operations team s as required.
- Create links with CTS, CSS, EDH, Reliability Engineer & Condition Monitoring Specialist to support RCA and detail problem solving
- Support site in delivery of continuous improvement projects both within area of SME and via other projects
- Lead and support improvements through CI initiatives and preventative actions
- Work with EDH, Planners and shift teams to drive our electrical standards into daily activities and ensure compliance with relevant site and GEHSMS standards.
- Provide SME to external service providers on Electrical standards
- Support EDH on planning and execution of Electrical inspections/shutdowns
- Support the improvement and maintenance of site electrical drawings
- Provide additional reactive support to Shift Technicians/Operations teams, when required.
- Lead and support improvements through CI initiatives and preventative actions (to include health & safety and food safety actions).
- Ambassador for Site Engineering & Electrical standards and best practice, including contractor standards and verification.
- Act as the owner for sites overall electrical standards
- Good influencing, communication and decision making skills.
- Motivated self starter with good prioritisation & planning skills.
- Effective team member
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
- Computer literate & software familiarity (word, excel)
- Competent CAD user
- Relevant CMMS knowledge.
- Electrical Qualified & capable of being the appointed deputy of the site electrical safety
- PLC Skills including fault finding, maintenance & programming desirable.
- ATEX Competency
Job Type: Regular
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.