This role supports the implementation and deployment of the General Ledger (GL), Accounting and Close (ACL), Banking and Accounts Payable (AP) capabilities of the Pepsico Global template (PGT) (built through SAP S4 concepts). With a specific focus on the integration with MTD, PTP, and OTC value streams. Objectives of the role are to ensure that PGT supports the execution of business processes related to GL, ACL, Banking and AP in general for deployments to PBNA PBC. This role will adopt and adhere to Agile principles for the Global Template project.
Finance components in Scope in Designing, implementing and maintaining
- the accounting framework, including all month end activities required to ensure that the month’s financial results are accurate, complete and in compliance with PepsiCo’s corporate, sector and local market accounting policies.
- the general ledger chart of accounts, coding structure, interrelationships with primary information gathering systems (e.g. Profitability Analysis, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Taxes, Payroll, Fixed assets, Project Accounting etc.) and such controlling structures and the use of sub-ledgers
- the activities necessary to produce management accounting, cost accounting for the Make To Deploy and Procurement, including the setting of standards, recording of actuals and the delivery of meaning financial comparison reporting to enable better operational decision making.
Core L3 Processes covered:
- Accounting & Close Operations
Accounting & Financial Close — Parallel Ledger
Intercompany Processes — Reconciliation
Plant Period End-Closing
- Bank & Cash Management
Basic Cash Operations
Electronic Bank Statement
Bank Integration with File Interface
- Accounts Payable
Payment Processing (Check, Auto Debit, Electronic Payments)
Integration with PTP
Periodic activities (GR/IR clearing/aging, AP reporting and analysis, month end reporting)
- Partner with the GL and ACL, AP and BCM Global Process Leads (GPL) and Solution Design Leads (SDL) to implement and deploy the end-to-end solution - Accountable
- Support decision-making for GL and ACL, AP and BCM localization of functionality in the Pepsico Global Template during deployment - Accountable
- Ensure PepsiCo Corporate Accounting policies related to Financial and Controls reporting reflected in the global template are implemented to standard with appropriate localization – Consult / Execute
- Collaborate with the GL and ACL, AP and BCM Global Process Leads and Global SMEs to implement and deploy the Pepsico Global Template – Consult/Execute
- Actively engage and educate business process owners on solution optimization, simplification and standardization capabilities – Consult / Execute
- Ensure global lift and shift opportunities are deployed across the sectors – Consult / Execute
- Collaborate with all scrum teams to implement and deploy the end-to-end Global ERP solution leveraging agile methodology – Consult / Execute
- Work closely and collaborate with onshore and offshore scrum team members to ensure a prioritized and sufficient product backlog for the teams to work against – Consult / Execute
- Participate in key Sprint planning, retrospectives and other key ceremonies – Consult / Execute
- Along with scrum team identify, monitor and implement key agreed-upon improvements - Consult / Execute
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience configuring, deploying and managing SAP ERP with a focus on General Ledger and Accounting Close, Accounts Payable and Bank & Cash, and Integration with MTD, OTC and PTP value stream and Controls
- Strong Financial & Management Accounting and Controls experience with SAP General Ledger and Controlling in a global capacity
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Travel required up to an 80% if not local
- 2+ years of SAP S4 Finance experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in the following tools, disciplines and processes are nice to have: SAP SolMan 7+, MS Azure DevOps, Quality Center and MS Project
- Solves highly complex problems within their work team
- Strong influencing, facilitating, and consulting skills in working with stakeholders at all levels in the organization and across departments
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in timelines and sequences
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change
- Consulting background a plus
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement