It's an exciting time to be part of PepsiCo as we create a stronger, faster, and better version of our business. To accomplish this, we need to build and strengthen critical capabilities in Supply Chain to grow top and bottom-line results and ultimately “Win with Purpose.” As we invest to become more competitive, our team is expanding to support PepsiCo Beverages North America’s growth plans to win in the marketplace. Are you hungry to be a part of the World’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
The Supply Chain Business Data Engineer will be responsible for working within the Stat modeling, Demand Planning, and Supply Planning teams to identify, implement, and ultimately provide data solutions using technology. Candidates will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams, and ensuring that optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Maintain daily processes including automated report generation and Tableau dashboard refresh
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and ‘big data’ technologies
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Work with Business and Information Systems, Center of Excellence, Consulting Partners and other organizations to drive necessary system changes including but not limited to continuous improvement work on SAS HPF as well as the deployment of models to BU’s
- Support and maintain SAS Forecasting production cycle as well as improve and develop new system functionalities
- Bachelor’s in Data Base Management, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or another technical degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in a corporate environment; experience in CPG or retail planning environment preferred
- Experience with big data tools: Hortonworks solutions eg. Hadoop, Spark, etc
- Experience with Java and Scala
- Experience working with Teradata, SQL Server, and Cloud-based services
- Experience with the collection and analysis of Streaming data, Internet of Things (IoT technology)
- Advanced programming ability in SQL / SAS / Python / R
- Experience with Unix operating systems / Experience writing Shell Scripts
- Experience with Data Pipeline and workflow management
- Data savvy with strong analytical skills
- Ability to support continuous improvement or capability development work streams including scope definition, analysis, recommendations, and implementation
- Ability to present quantitative data in an easy-to-understand manner that balances both analytics as well as business implications
- Effective communication skills, with ability to work across and present to multiple levels and different organizational functions
- Cross-functional experience working with other functions, e.g., Sales, Finance and other Supply Chain functions
- Must be willing and able to travel 5-10% of the time
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement