We are currently looking for a R&D Sr Data Engineer to join our team in Little Island on a permanent basis.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast-paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
At PepsiCo, innovation takes centre stage. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Position Purpose and Primary Accountabilities
- This fast-paced R&D Data & Engineering team focuses on the development of PepsiCo’s diverse R&D Data infrastructure by bringing innovative ideas and making a direct impact on our ability to drive business action through the provision of connected data insights. This team leads the data architecture, data engineering and visualization function of the R&D Technical Insights, Digital Solutions & Compliance team.
- We are looking for a Data Engineer in this team to help define Data strategy for the R&D Data & Engineering Team while having the technical depth to be able to drive execution of this strategy
- Deliver high quality, coherent, actionable Insights and reporting solutions that address business needs by developing data models and architecting database/ETL/ELT designs to support the development of R&D business intelligence and data science.
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data (both large and small amounts, structured & unstructured) to Enterprise Data Warehouse and/or Azure Data Lake
- Responsible for designing and implementing data management processes across operational databases, data marts, data warehouse and the data lake.
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end
- Think independently to solve difficult data problems
- Build data expertise and own data quality for ingestion pipelines
- Develop and recommend innovative solutions and approaches to solving business and technical problems
- Be a technical expert and help raise up technical expertise of the teams you are on.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- BSc in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Business Information Systems or a related field is ideal.
- Experience designing/developing data management solutions
- Strong knowledge of Data modelling/Data Warehousing concepts
- Proven capability to develop robust reporting infrastructure to optimize the extraction, transformation, and reporting of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Master Data Management, Teradata/EDW, Alteryx, Trifecta, Tableau, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks or related technologies.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Strong programming skills in Python or similar
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, with a drive and commitment towards project delivery
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com
“For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a R&D Sr Data Engineer. However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be R&D Ana Tech Sr Analyst”Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular