Reporting to the Global Process Centre (GPC) Operations Manager, you will play a key role in ensuring equipment within our GPC is running effectively to support R&D Developers and Process Engineers, is maintained in line with UK/EU legislation and GEHSMS requirements.
You will also partner with R&D Process Engineers to develop technical solutions by the provision of guidance, standards and risk assessments, and also to ensure compliance of equipment build to relevant engineering design standards to deliver creative and novel solutions to support R&D developments.
This position will be accountable for Beaumont Parks compliance to the UK Electrical Standards as defined by Law, through the monitoring, assessment and resolution of non compliance.
- Develops and implements maintenance strategy for all Breakthrough Foods & WESA R&D Assets within Beaumont Park.
- Provides maintenance/engineering leadership to the operations team
- Manages GPC Maintenance Team (x 2)
- Defines Repair and Maintenance budget for R&D Factory
- Co-defines with department head CapEx requirements for following year.
- Owns & delivers development and ownership of data acquisition solutions for GPC systems engineering.
- Owns & delivers CapEx installation workstreams within GPC
- Provides relevant electrical engineering design on specific work streams to deliver creative and novel solutions to support Global R&D Innovation Agenda. Working with a cross functional team (Technical Services, Supply Chain etc), project team.
- Provide key technology risk assessments to Process Engineers at project initiation.
- Preparation and ownership thereof process & equipment specifications related to new equipment development by Process Engineers.
- Invent solutions (where applicable) to technical obstacles that secure a robust, workable plant-scale process
- Actively seek and develop new technology solutions connecting with external world
- Time served Electrical Engineer (18th Edition, 2391 Certified (Or equivalent). Defined by PepsiCo as a L3 Permit Writer.
- Significant experience in FMCG Supply Chain (or transferable industrial experience), Expert in the field of electrical standards and implementation / assessment.
- Deep understanding of cause and effect of Electrical Engineering, diagnostic repair.
- Analytical skills to interpret complex data and distil into meaningful information.
- Deep understanding of MESS (Machinery and Equipment Safety Standards), preferably defined by PepsiCo as a MESS ‘Master’, both theoretical and practical, and related design changes, subsequent assessment and competent sign off.
- Strives for high standards, seeks innovative solutions, drives continuous improvement of products and processes and demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail
- Strong project management skills to effectively drive a project or multiple partial projects
- Strong presentation skills (written & verbal)
Job Type: Regular
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.