The next great shift in consumer behaviour driven by technological disruption is underway, and it’s happening in the food & beverage industry.
As other sectors have shifted to eCommerce-first business models in recent years, food & beverage has continued to rely predominantly on traditional brick & mortar models, but this is changing rapidly. New technologies are transforming every aspect of reaching consumers, from the rise of digital marketing and online grocery platforms to the creation of supply chain tools that enable speedy at-home delivery. According to the Food Marketing Institute, 70% of U.S. consumers will shop online for groceries by 2024, with an estimated annual spend of $100 billion.
To deepen our efforts to seize this opportunity and lead the food & beverage industry into its remarkable next chapter, PepsiCo – a global company with powerhouse brands including Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker, and Tropicana – is expanding its Global eCommerce Team. We’re looking for the greatest minds in data & analytics, software development, machine learning optimization, and next-generation supply chain. Given PepsiCo’s incredible reach – our foods and beverages are enjoyed more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories, and our value chain involves diverse partners ranging from farmers and food scientists to retailers and logistics specialists – the challenges we’re addressing are complex and the solutions will be deeply impactful.
Although PepsiCo is a large multinational, the PepsiCo Global eCommerce Team prides itself on having the entrepreneurial, action-oriented culture of an exciting startup business. Our group includes startup founders, Silicon Valley veterans, food & beverage experts, and seasoned executives from digital transformation leaders such as Amazon and Walmart. Our goal is to build the technological products and capabilities that will reinvent our industry and make us the #1 food & beverage business in eCommerce for decades to come.
The Catalog Engineering team has an opening for a backend data engineer who would help architect, code, and lay the foundation for the PepsiCo’s eCommerce platform. The PepsiCo Data Engineering team is collaborative, impact-focused, and hold each other to a high-quality standard with code review. Engineer's own projects end to end. You will work closely with our business partners and identify the customer pain point, architect a well-crafted solution, and deploy at scale.
- Research and document data sources:
- PepsiCo ERP / Finance systems
- Data warehouses, PIM, and other catalogue data repositories
- Reseller systems such as Amazon Vendor Central and Walmart’s Retail link
- Internally developed IT application’s
- Document goals and objectives for data usage
- Define data transformations and storage needs
- Document data access and data syndication requirements
- Write stories for engineering teams for sprint development
- Technical Delivery and Execution
- Coding and architecting brand new platform to support PepsiCo’s eCommerce needs
- Developing new features and deploying using CICD pipelines
- Building microservices using languages like Elixir/Ruby on Rails, Python or NodeJS
- Build and maintain data ingestion pipelines using Airflow
- Build/Design data models and document them
- Develop detailed project plans for development projects
- Help develop comprehensive quality processes for data validation
- Support for our data platform – triage incoming support requests, assign priority, and resolve or escalate as necessary. Contribute to the knowledge base so we can continually improve support effectiveness.
- Own the quality of our data!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of industry-experience building data integration tools or products
- Expert time-management and prioritization within a fast-paced environment
- Experience of the following technologies:
- Elixir/NodeJS/Python/Ruby on Rails (Elixir or Ruby on Rails experience is highly desirable)
- Postgres, Graph DB
- Applications deployed on AWS stack, Docker
- Experience working with eCommerce sales teams/understanding of product sales cycle, data enrichment, content management, and workflow for eCommerce
- Some finance/accounting experience preferred
- Prefer experience defining requirements and developing applications, reports, analytics tools, and back-end data processing jobs
- Prefer experience with setting up and managing workflow processes for cross-functional teams: setting up users, debugging data issues, implementing workflow rules and approval steps, setting up alerts and exception reporting
- Knowledge of help desk/ticketing software such as Jira or Zendesk
- Familiar with Agile development processes and tools such as Jira or Pivotal Tracker
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement