The purpose of the Carrier Operations Manager is to lead a group of 4-6 Regional Managers in the execution of 1000+ brokerage shipments daily. Strategically align capacity within a geographic region that meets both the cost and service expectation of both internal and external customers. The role must effectively lead capacity strategy, service targets, employee development and deliver on annual NOPBT targets.
The role must be able to effectively balance cost and service operationally through leading agile operations strategies throughout the course of the year. The role will be responsible for meeting industry-standard benchmarks in both service and margin percentage.
- Full accountability for P&L execution for all PLCI managed domestic truckload transport, as well as contributions to the overall brokerage AOP
- Full autonomy over rate approvals, compliance/control initiatives, and overall truckload marketplace strategy
- Strong working knowledge of a transport market seasonality, PepsiCo seasonality, and overall industry trends.
- Strong working knowledge of current PLCI customer's supply chains, requirements, and new initiatives for 2019
- Achieve industry-standard marks in service and transport procurement
- Responsible for carrier managers portfolio development, management, negotiations, and relations leading to strong long term carrier partnerships
- Develop and lead key brokerage SOPS and Protocols
- Participate in on-call, after hours and weekend duties as determined based on business needs
- 20% External - New and existing asset-based carriers
- 80% Internal - Collaboration with business development, account management, and Sr. leadership team
- Ability to lead and influence a team to exceed business expectations
- 7+ years’ experience of significantly exceeding expectations in the transportation/logistics industry
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to articulate and transfer knowledge of freight brokerage market dynamics and industry best practices to carrier management leadership, and new carrier managers
- Ability to provide ad-hoc brokerage pricing to support both account management & business development
- Ability to effectively interact and build favourable business relationships with all carriers and customers
- Ability to influence our carriers to provide capacity during all supply/demand cycles
- Strong team player and committed to teamwork in all situations
- Ability to thrive and flourish in a fast-paced business start-up
- Brings “Whatever it takes” type attitude
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement