PepsiCo operates in an environment undergoing immense and rapid change, driven by eCommerce and emergent retail technologies. To ensure continued success in the food and beverage space, PepsiCo has assembled a dedicated eCommerce team – tasked with optimizing eCommerce operations and developing innovations that will give PepsiCo a sustainable competitive advantage. While tied closely to broader PepsiCo, the eCommerce group more closely resembles a start-up environment; embracing the core values of having a bias for action, being results-oriented, maintaining a community-focus, and prioritizing people.
PepsiCo’s Data Science and Analytics group is a team of data engineers, BI developers, technology specialists, and business innovators who operate within eCommerce to build industry-leading systems and solutions. By focusing on machine learning and automation, the Data Science & Analytics group is pushing the bounds of possibility for PepsiCo and its strategic partners.
What PepsiCo Data Science & Analytics does:
- Create data visualizations to unlock sales & share trends across e-commerce sales channels
- Integrate data utilizing Airflow, SSIS, Tableau Prep, and other tools to provide quick but unified insights
- Deploy data platforms and applications to enable business users and data scientists alike to rapidly derive value from raw data
- Work with PepsiCo’s strategic partners to expand their technical capabilities, thereby creating a more robust data environment
- Develop scalable tools to drive automation and optimize business operations
- Access & transform data from multiple databases (including SQL Server, Snowflake, & Postgres) using tools such as Airflow, SSIS, & Tableau Prep
- Dimensionally model raw data for consumption by business users, BI developers, & data scientists
- Design data pipelines in both code-based and GUI-based platforms to populate data models
- Build quality checks directly into delivered solutions with test-driven development
- Understand and translate business requirements from business users and analysts into technical design specs
- Present solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders for continued improvement
- Support BI products and pipelines in production
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Engineering, or other STEM-related area preferred)
- Intermediate experience with Python data engineering libraries such as Pandas, Airflow, & SQLalchemy
- Knowledge of dimensional, data warehousing concepts such as star/snowflake schemas, SCDs, etc. preferred
- Experience writing complex SQL queries to retrieve & write dimensional data
- Experience with data visualization platforms (Tableau, PowerBI, SuperSet, etc.) or OLAP cubes is a plus
- Strong professional communication skills with both technical & non-technical audiences
- Be inquisitive for knowledge, drive for results, yet humble
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement