Job Description: This role will report to the Tax Manager and will be primarily responsible for maintaining various accounting and tax duties within the Canadian Tax Department.
Position Level: L07
- Prepare annual legal entity financial statements for Canadian headquarter entities.
- Analyze and review account reconciliations to support account balances recorded in books and records.
- Prepare schedules and review deferred tax provision files and reporting schedules.
- Reconcile the Accrued Future Income Tax accounts to ensure that all necessary entries have been appropriately booked and the balance reflects what is the expected receivable / payable with the tax authorities. Deal directly with the divisions to reconcile.
- Prepare and/or review financial reporting packages for US and Canadian tax compliance.
- Assist with preparing annual income tax returns with supporting schedules and analysis.
- Prepare annual partnership returns T5013, non-resident forms T106, NR-4's, T5's, and foreign subsidiary forms T1134, with supporting schedules and analysis.
- Assist with Federal tax audits.
- Work directly with provincial tax auditors, and local control teams, to achieve the successful resolution of numerous audit queries.
- Research various income tax issues and provide analysis as required.
- Review and assist the divisions with monthly HFM income tax schedules.
- Support business colleagues as required.
- Manage documentation meticulously.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the financial information.
- Provide ad hoc assistance and support to other projects.
- University or College degree in accounting.
- Post graduate studies in taxation (i.e. Masters in Taxation, or completion of CPA Canada's in depth tax programs.)
- Minimum of 1-2 years general corporate income tax experience.
- Strong accounting skills and income tax provision experience.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and Oracle Enterprise Systems.
- Professional written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Able to recognize issues, risks, and opportunities.
Job Type: Regular