We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers. The ground breakers of the Supply Chain & Logistics space.
We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
Job Description Summary: Plant Director
The Plant Director role drives the success of PepsiCo through operational guidance of our plant strategy to meet customer needs and achieve standards. The Plant Director must lead overall plant objectives. This individual must set production performance standards and align the organization to achieve standards. Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety for supply chain departments for a plant across all shifts. This individual is responsible for managing multiple shifts of the plant’s employees and developing a team of front line, supervisor, and manager employees. Additionally this role is responsible for developing, implementing and executing a best in class service to sales standard.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
• Applies knowledge of processes, equipment and system capability to set challenging individual and facility standards
• Develops Annual Operating Plan for the plant
• Coaches supervisors and managers to achieve performance standards with regards to safety, line utilization and quality
• Manages direct and indirect controllable costs to meet overall cost index target
• Manages overall plant profit and loss (P&L) responsibility for production, maintenance, and quality control and warehouse
• Ensures compliance with all health & safety regulations
• Oversees overall responsibility for food safety and adherence to quality compliance mandates
• Tracks key performance indicators/costs, anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of financial targets
• Oversees the scheduling process for receiving and delivering raw materials and finished products in a timely manner
• Manages the inventory process, ensuring optimal levels of full goods are maintained in order to fulfill daily sales needs
• Oversees and assures facility equipment reliability to minimize downtime
• Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for both management and front-line hourly personnel
• Develops team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
• Delivers effective change leadership by driving business changes while minimizing people impact
• Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
• Motivates team members to achieve plan goals
• Champions Lean Six Sigma and TPM initiatives for the plant
• Administer policies and procedures
• Regular and predictable attendance at the work site
• This role requires regular presence on the plant floor
• This role requires lifting up to 40 lbs. occasionally
• This role requires occasional work in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
• This role may operate forklift and manufacturing equipment occasionally
• This role may require off-shift and weekend work
• This role may require some travel (less than 5%)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field
• Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project.
• Minimum of ten years of prior work experience in a high speed manufacturing environment preferred Minimum of five years of prior work experience in a management position preferred
• Prior experience in the consumer packaged goods industry preferred
• Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
• Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring skills
• Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement