PepsiCo Design & Innovation is a creatively driven team that leverages the power of Design Thinking to solve brand and business problems that drive meaningful value and growth. Our mission is to elevate the role of design and design thinking as a function, process, mindset, and as culture in PepsiCo and the broader business world.
We are a consumer-centric organization with a start-up mentality within our larger organization; we partner with world-class partners in Marketing, Insights, and R&D to strategically drive business results with purpose.
As part of the Pepsi Design team, you will partner closely with functional design experts as well as the business to develop brand design strategies across a spectrum of capabilities including product architecture, innovation pipelines, visual identity systems, design guidelines, packaging design, and structural design.
Who We Are…
We are a creatively driven team that leverages the power of Design Thinking to solve brand and business problems that drive meaningful value and growth. Our team’s mission is to lead the innovation agendas in order to accelerate PepsiCo’s Global brands and businesses to transform beyond its core. We innovate with intent; to solve real problems, for real people, in the real world. We innovate to incite positive change – for people, brands, business and the world around us.
What You’ll Do…
As a member of the design development and execution team you will work closely with designers and an onsite external partner to manage the development of packaging concepts into finished/final printable packaging files ready to hand-off to the commercialization team. You will oversee extrapolating design concepts across multiple brands, flavors and pack sizes to ensure graphic consistency on shelf. This also involves working with cross- functional teams to adapt nutritional information, bar codes, and mandatory requirements while maintaining overall design integrity. This role will require working between the NYC and White Plains offices; approx. 3 days in NYC and 2 days in White Plains
- Process All Incoming Requests Efficiently:
- guide & assist onsite execution team regarding scope and completeness of information of incoming project requests (PIF)
- collaborate with design and integration managers (ITM’s) to anticipate and plan for upcoming project scope and requests
- Get Projects Started:
- establish and communicate project priority, and start/completion dates to stakeholders
- Oversee Design Extrapolation:
- work with internal design execution team to flush out design concept into packaging mechanical files and visually identify (VIS) assets that meet print standards and yield optimal print quality
- Provide direction regarding layout/graphics to ensure design consistency. Manage the integration of all mandatory requirements (such as; FDA nutritional information, PepsiCo regulations and legal copy, etc.) while maintaining design integrity
- Develop Timelines and Manage Project Workflow:
- maintain list of projects by priority and status
- troubleshoot projects and clear obstacles to ensure timely delivery
- identify risks and consequences associated with obstacles and changes in scope and provide feasible solutions
- Balance competing priors, while identifying and working against the right priorities, directing the pre-production development/extrapolation of packaging materials across numerous brands, variety of sku’s, structures and substrates in collaboration with on-site studio.
- Participates in weekly pre-production/printability and commercialization meetings. Aligning functional experts from on-site studio, graphic commercialization, brand and design leads, while facilitating discussions and obtaining clarity around file preparation/print concern
- On-Board and Guide Design, Brand & Marketing associates, and Cross-functional Teams in the Design Development and Execution Process
- As individuals rotate out of roles or when there are new hires, proactively engage and provide insight of best ways of working together, etc.
• While this is not a design role, having layout skills or a design sensibility at a level where you can identify design
inconsistencies and elements that do not look quite right, is a plus
• 5+ years relevant work experience in project management within a creative team (preferably packaging specific)
- ability to grasp design vision and lead a team to develop printability files across a variety of pack sizes, substrates and flavors
- ability to work well with cross-functional teams and an inherent knowledge of when to collaborate (gather relevant information, etc.) and when to facilitate and lead
- well organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities that are on similar and/or competing timelines
- ability to prioritize projects by level importance and scale
- sees the big picture (connects the dots) and handles detail and changes well
- communicate confidently and effectively under pressure, verbally and in writing and at all levels
- concise and clear communicator especially within an email environment and under remote working situations
- proactive; comfort with taking responsibility, following through, and being accountable
- resourcefulness, resilience, and a calm sense of urgency
- strong problem solving with the ability to identify and recommend alternative paths to success
- excellent organizational skills. Must be detail oriented and able to process large amounts of information
- computer skills: Mac OS, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat
#LI-USARelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement