In this role, you will be using a combination of Physics-Based Computer Simulation Tools, Advanced Statistics, Data Science, and First Principles Models to solve a wide variety of PepsiCo challenges. You will be developing and applying models of multi-scales to influence the key business decisions on process and/or product performance across a variety of businesses and product forms at PepsiCo. We are looking for someone with a strong background in using numerical methods to solve scientific and engineering problems.
- Deliver modeling and simulation projects using general purpose and specialized numerical software
- Design and develop innovative experiments to validate and improve models
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to influence business decisions using modeling tools
- Work with external partners, software vendor, university, engineering firms, to develop technologies needed to fulfil PepsiCo need
- Additional responsibilities in combining physics-based simulation, data analytics to deliver digitized innovation projects (digital twin)
- MS with simulation concentration, or B.S. with 3+ years of hands on simulation experience
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Food Engineering, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Fundamental knowledge of numerical methods and physics based simulation (CFD, FEA)
- PhD with simulation concentration and 1+ years of work experience
- Hands on experience with commercial software - CFD (ANSYS FLUENT, STAR-CCM+ or equivalent), FEA (ABAQUS, ANSYS Mechanical), COMSOL
- Experience designing and/or conducting testing required to formulate and/or calibrate models, i.e. Wind tunnel, Mechanical testing, thermal measurements, Data Acquisition, High-speed imagery, etc.
- Experience with Python, Matlab, R, JMP a plus
- Knowledge and experience in food/beverage production and process engineering a plus – extrusion, drying, frying, mixing, filling, food safety
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners in a global setup
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement