L09 – Associate Leader
The transport Manager contributes to the success of Pepsi Beverages Company (PBC) by leading a team of 3 supervisors and a team of 55+ drivers based in Jersey City NJ, Piscataway NJ and Philadelphia PA to deliver the product to PBC and Tropicana distribution centers and customers in a safe, efficient and productive manner.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Deliver transportation productivity agenda by focusing on asset optimization, improving fuel economy, payload efficiency, route optimization & wait time reduction
- Deliver transportation service targets, shipping and delivering loads on time
- Negotiate 3rd party carrier capacity and rates, ensuring compliance to established route guides
- Assume ownership of all transport-related cost and productivity targets; provide forecasts and analysis related to transportation cost center
- Coach safe and efficient driving techniques; ensuring safety, regulatory and DOT compliance
- Develop effective relationships with internal business partners (i.e. sales, logistics, plant, satellite warehouse, etc.)
- Assist in the development of transformational projects that provide for continuous improvement across transport
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Four years’ of transportation industry experience is required including dealing with legal, regulatory and operational issues, including customer service, logistics and carrier operations is required
- Four years’ experience managing front-line employees is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of DOT (Department Of Transportation) regulations is preferred
- Strong communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and influence management skills
- The incumbent should have a strong customer focus and be results-driven
- Incumbent must be able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks without losing momentum while also completing all daily tasks efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement