Bring your passion and talent to our stage and continue to share our future and deliver innovative products to our consumers. Supports projects and executes research activities within a team of scientists ensuring properly documented data-driven experiments. Support product development with an emphasis on sugar reduction techniques such as high-intensity sweetener and taste modulation innovation
- Provide product formulation support by accurately preparing laboratory beverages and concentrates
- Support lab management with good lab practice and inventory management practice
- Maintain laboratory and sample inventory of ingredients, supplies and finished products
- Maintain laboratory equipment
- Support the submission of samples for analytical and sensory evaluation
- Plan, conduct and coordinate production runs, manage ingredient orders, expiration, handling, prepare batch sheets, schedule and run tech center, ensure the product meets specifications
- Plan, conduct and report for all works including but not limited to production runs shelf-life studies, ingredient assessments
- Ability to manage and learn a wide variety of different research areas such as sugar reductions, ingredient science, clean label ingredients and interfacial science etc
- Ability to manage and learn a wide variety of different products characteristics from cold fill to thermally processed beverages, conduct bench-top sensory tasting, ingredients stability testing, etc
- Ability to manage multiple project tasks to support the individuals of the workgroup, manage time and expectations for group needs. Effectively communicate conflict of requests
- Ability to demonstrate proper laboratory techniques and equipment handling
- Electronic Laboratory notebook up to date containing all experiments including methods, formulas and results
- BS in a scientific field with hands-on experiment experience. Prior to Beverage/Food experiences a real plus
- Ability to flawlessly execute bench work, plan ahead for tech center runs, ability to communicate with several plant coordinators to ensure ingredient supply
- Ability to proactively and positively interact with various analytical functions in order to assure timely execution of testing
- Must be well organized, capture work details and learning and highlight any unexpected learning.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written), manage expectations of group support.
- Outstanding team working skills, strong initiative, and reliable
- Ability to analyze and communicate implications of experimental results
- Computer Skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Be able to lift up to 40 pounds repeatedly
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement