The Regional Intermodal Dispatcher will own a region of the country. Key responsibilities will be working with drayage carriers to ensure all freight picks up and delivers on time. Working with the railroads and submitting billing information. Proactive communication to account management notifying them of service failures prior to being late.
The role must be able to effectively cover at least 16 - 25 loads per day as defined by the freight profile while contributing to a shop average of at least $1800 Net Revenue / Day. The role must maintain close contact with at least 15 different asset-based carriers to support business needs within a defined geography.
- Negotiate with drayage carriers to pick up and deliver freight to our customer's warehouses at market competitive rates with industry-leading service
- Submit billing information to the railroad
- Pair deliveries with pickups to reduce empty miles
- Responsible for all carrier prospecting, management, negotiations, and relations leading to a strong long term partnership
- Hold all carriers to our standard accessorial policy
- Ability and willingness to support account management duties as needed by the business
- Develop and lead key brokerage SOP’s and Protocols
- Participate in on-call, after hours and weekend duties as determined based on business needs
- 70% External - New and existing customers and asset-based carriers
- 30% Internal - Collaboration with business development, account management, and leadership team
- College degree required
- Ability to effectively interact and build a favorable business relationship with all carriers and customers
- Ability to influence a carrier to provide capacity during all supply/demand cycles
- Drive for Results to excel at capacity management and load coverage in a variety of scenarios
- Ability to learn key freight brokerage market dynamics and industry best practices
- Ability to learn brokerage pricing techniques and tools to effectively secure capacity at optimal rates
- Effective at negotiation
- Strong team player and committed to teamwork in all situations
- Ability to operate and flourish in a fast paced business start up
- Willingness to support account management and customer service tasks
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement