|Sr. Director Nutrition Science supporting Beverage Category|
PepsiCo Beverage brands such as Pepsi, mountain Dew, Aquafina, Bubbly and Tropicana are instrumental to the future growth of PepsiCo. This leadership role is integral to the success of the global R&D category team by providing a sound scientific basis for the strategic plans related to current portfolio renovations and future innovations to help shape the category. This leader will guide the nutrition renovation strategy globally, while execution will remain the responsibility of the regional R&D teams. In addition, this role will lead a nutrition science program that aims to deliver proprietary nutrition benefits on existing and future products in the beverage category to further differentiate the brands.
Individual must be able to:
Skills and Experience:
- PhD degree in nutrition science with 10+ years’ experience in Nutrition science & research in a commercial environment. Strong publication record.
- Ability to lead a team and coordinate a scientific program and budget.
- Demonstrated ability to direct a clinical program with tangible marketable outcomes for example claims, IP positioning etc.
- Strong experience with trade associations, external engagement and health professional outreach and education to advocate for science-based policy.
- Demonstrated ability in commercially relevant research.
- Strong leadership presence and ability to work and communicate effectively in cross functional teams, while aggressively working together to meet timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and ability to work with diverse cultural backgrounds, personalities, work styles with in various levels of the organization.
- Use scientific technical expertise for identification and evaluation of trends/ innovations in nutrition science and novel ingredients
- Champion nutrition education and training for internal audiences.
- Enable sound business decisions and generate positive business results.
- Monitoring of project work by LS LT, and processes such as D&A, TSG
- Org health results
- Publication and patent filling record.
- Feedback from stakeholders and regional Nutrition and direct reports
- Feedback from stakeholders and global beverage category leaders to transfer information or approaches to find solutions.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement