PURPOSE AND KEY RESULTS OF THE POSITION:
Provide engineering support to the Danville plant by working on capital capacity, innovation, and cost management projects, along with infrastructure work, process improvement, and Quality and Health, Safety, and Environmental initiatives.
Apply engineering principles to analyze and plan for the requirements of assigned projects and cost studies to assure feasibility, achieve targeted results, and coordinate all project activities with plant customers. This person should be recognized and accessed by the plant as a Subject Matter Expert in many technical areas.
- Prepare specifications and design process and packaging flow for assigned projects, and oversee the preparation of all necessary drawings
- Prepare cost, lead-time, and downtime estimates for assigned projects and cost studies
- Ascertain and include all relevant requirements including building permits, environmental regulations, sanitary design, Good Manufacturing Practices, and OSHA and PepsiCo Safety regulations on all work assignments
- Support plant productivity initiatives, especially the improvement of equipment reliability and reduction of waste. Provide troubleshooting, problem analysis, and technical support to the plant as requested
- Specify, bid, select, and purchase required equipment, parts, and contract installation services for assigned projects to assure that the project is implemented as scheduled with minimal production interruptions
- Supervise work performed by maintenance mechanics, contractors, and service personnel to assure efficient coordination and completion of assigned projects as scheduled
- Implement maintenance and operator training for all new equipment and systems installed. Also, recommend and implement training as needed to close plant capability gaps
- Lend Engineering department expertise to Health Safety and Environmental processes and to Quality processes, by leadership in HSE program elements and food safety initiatives
- Support the TPM process at the Danville facility. Specifically, follow the Early Management process and act as a resource for Q teams
- Capital project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiar with the basics of finance, product cost accounting and statistical process control
- Able to effectively manage and track project spending and report financials on a regular basis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to negotiate with vendors, contractors and consultants
- Strong team-building skills required to manage and lead cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated, results and action-oriented. Able to make independent and sound decisions
- Fundamental background with PLC's and process control
- Computer skills to include familiarity with spreadsheet and word processing software, basic CAD skills and ability to utilize MS Project and other project tracking software
- B.S. degree in Engineering. Electrical Engineering preferred
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement